Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(10-05-2018, 06:48 AM)I Duchess Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 05:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Thomas didn’t lose his shit or display partisan hostility.

...and those partisan remarks were in his written notes, he didn't just lose his shit in the heat of the moment, they were in his prepared
remarks!

I really think that Kavanaugh and company figured he was toast after Dr. Ford’s testimony, so he decided to pull a Trump.  But, like him or not, there’s only one Trump and Trump too lacks the temperament and objectivity to serve on the Supreme Court.

Lindsey’s livid support saved Kavanaugh and turned the hearing into a partisan showdown instead of an interview like that which Dr. Ford had just undergone, in my opinion.  

Now Kavanaugh is trying to rationalize his blatant partisanship by claiming righteous indignation and only thinking of the impacts of the allegations on his family.  

In the WSJ op-Ed, he said he was testifying as a “son, husband, and father”.  Even if true, that’s part of my concern with Kavanaugh. He should have been testifying as a federal judge interviewing for a seat on the Supreme Court, and he should have done so honestly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 10-05-2018, 08:21 AM