Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
I found Ford credible, but don't agree with people who insist that every woman has to be believed. Personally, I didn't find Avenatti's client credible when I saw her interviewed. She might be telling the truth, but I don't believe her at this juncture.

I just don't automatically disbelieve women, regardless of how long it takes them to come forward. And, I do believe in due process, which is why I wish the supplemental background investigation into the Kavanaugh allegations would have been more thorough.

We don't know who leaked Dr. Ford's letter and breached her anonymity. But, I do think the Democrats seized the opportunity to bolster their existing objections to Kavanaugh once it was out. That's politics.

Personally, I doubt Feinstein's office did the leaking, and the journalist who first published the info says it wasn't Feinstein. But, if it was Feinstein or her staff, it will likely come out. Feinstein deserves due process in the face of such allegations, like anybody else. Hopefully, we'll get a confirmation one way or the other.

Anyway, as stated many times, my objection to Kavanaugh is based on misrepresentations, inconsistencies, demeanor, and partisan bias under oath -- not on uncorroborated sexual assault/misconduct allegations.

It seems a lot of women share those concerns, particularly considering Kavanaugh's conflicting statements pertaining to birth control, abortion rights, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES - by HairOfTheDog - 10-09-2018, 01:33 PM