Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
hypothetical: calling all evil vagina monsters
(04-11-2016, 01:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-11-2016, 01:13 PM)Donovan Wrote: I already rented a place.

I hope you do things in your new home to make it cozy & comfortable so that it will be more of a quiet retreat for you rather than someplace to sit in the dark and watch TV all weekend and I hope you don't give up on love. It's not like you're a crotchety old man, you're still young and contrary to all the negatives you've given yourself, I don't view you that way. I think you're someone of value.

It's a room in a beautiful farmhouse on the creek near work, nice joint fully furnished and paid for with no fuss no muss. I'm going to throw my shit in a storage locker for a couple of months. I find myself in a very reflective place. My boy is 18 in a week and well on his way to his own life. My job is 23-years now and about as fulfilling as it's ever going to get. I have no desire for advancement there. New York wears at me. Think I'm gonna take the summer to regroup and decide what to do next. I'm tired of sitting still. Figuratively and literally.

cutz Wrote:snip
Anger isn't my problem. I am dispassionate but maybe too quick to cut ties, mainly because I have no use for people who lie to me. Let me see your finance grad advice and raise you one learned as a half-a-century-old philosopher. The self that we all use as our sense of identity is a figment, as mutable and changeable as the tide. There is no "real you" inside you, not as a constant. And the "you" of this exact instant looks back on the "you" of ten minutes, months, years ago with the same disdain as you will one day look back on this moment. This is also true of me. As Hamlet said, "I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw."
You may take from this what you choose. I take from it that change itself is the only constant, and time is the only thing we can give away and never get back. So it would seem the biggest sin would be to waste what little we have, on either a bad effort or a bad relationship.

But thank you all for wasting a little of yours on me.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: hypothetical: calling all evil vagina monsters - by Donovan - 04-11-2016, 09:30 PM