Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RIP HARAMBE :(
Harambe took one for the team. RIP along with Old Yellar and every other animal that is better than most humans.
Ole Yeller..........hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-31-2016, 09:47 PM)Maggot Wrote: Ole Yeller..........hah

so I spelled it wrong, I'm not an ancient old fucking prick bastard like you. I've never even watched that movie, I've only heard about it from old people that wanted to teach me some kind of life lesson.
I've learned quite a bit from old stuff have you know. I learned not to trust the beav, goober, floyd or aunt bea's friend after a certain point.
It was evil genius how she got her babies daddy killed all legal like, and will probably get money from the crib where he stay.
(05-31-2016, 04:16 PM)sally Wrote: That's why that woman should be grateful to that beautiful intelligent gorilla. If she's not she's a real dick.

I think she is thanking God for his being alive ......and the lady who put her toddler on a what appears to be a round railing is absolutely nutso.......It is hard to believe someone would be that irresponsible. I think the dumbing down of America is firmly in place......I did see picture of railing where the boy crawled underneath. Not much of a barrier for a kid, or an adult dumbass.....

It reminds me of how easy it is to fall off (or into) the Grand Canyon......
You're nearly half as witty as a nit, Biggie.
(05-31-2016, 10:49 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(05-31-2016, 04:16 PM)sally Wrote: That's why that woman should be grateful to that beautiful intelligent gorilla. If she's not she's a real dick.

I think she is thanking God for his being alive ......and the lady who put her toddler on a what appears to be a round railing is absolutely nutso.......It is hard to believe someone would be that irresponsible. I think the dumbing down of America is firmly in place......I did see picture of railing where the boy crawled underneath. Not much of a barrier for a kid, or an adult dumbass.....

It reminds me of how easy it is to fall off (or into) the Grand Canyon......

I never took my eyes off my kids out in public because my biggest fear was that some creep would snatch them up and do something horrific to them. I wouldn't be able to live with that every day and probably commit suicide.

But no one is perfect. I had a big party on Thanksgiving once with 20 plus people and the house was a fucking disaster. I thought I'll clean it up in the morning, food and dirty plates and beer bottles all over the house. Didn't think nothing of it. My son gets up in the morning and I lay in bed for about 10 minutes listening to him playing with his toys out in the living room. Little did I think that he was going to drink every leftover swig of nasty beer sitting around, It's not like it was guns or drugs or chemicals. It just did not cross my mind . Well he did drink all the nasty leftover beer and he was drunk. I'm pretty sure I would have gone to jail for child neglect
It's easy to analyze situations after they happen, I notice a lot of that on the internet,people forget that all this shit happens in the space of a few minutes and most people would be standing there screaming their fool heads off all the while.
(05-31-2016, 08:48 PM)Love Child Wrote: It is curious how he drug the boy however. I don't think a gorilla would do that with his own offspring....so those saying he was watching out for him is interesting to me.

I admit that I am often unreasonable where animals are concerned. It's no secret that in most instances I care about them more than I do most people and sometimes I get really fed up with reading about one more animal dying because of the stupidity of humans.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-31-2016, 08:48 PM)Love Child Wrote: It is curious how he drug the boy however. I don't think a gorilla would do that with his own offspring....so those saying he was watching out for him is interesting to me.

To me, it looked like Harambe was standing guard over the boy and wanted to move him away from the chaos of the onlookers. I don't doubt that the gorilla was confused by a foreign element in its environment and all the screaming just outside, nor that the boy was at risk of being hurt or killed. But, I'm no expert and can't know what the gorilla was thinking, of course.

I have read different analyses by different animal experts; it doesn't appear they can know for sure what would have happened either - too many variables.

Here's yet another expert opinion:

Snip
University of New England animal behaviour expert Gisela Kaplan told news.com.au she does not believe the boy was in any real danger.

“Usually a child is not a threat,” said Professor Kaplan, who is the author of Orang-utans in Borneo.

“The silverback would’ve understood that it was a defenceless small child. They would not normally attack, they are not an agressive species (and) in the wild I’m certain the boy wouldn’t have been killed.”

“I can tell you silverbacks are protectors of their group,” she said. “If there’s an unusual thing happening, (Harambe) needs to investigate. The fact that he went over to the child is absolutely natural behaviour but it doesn't mean he was aggressive.

“If he was going to attack he would’ve warned him first. The first thing they do is charge and beat their chests and as far as I know that didn’t happen.”

Prof Kaplan said Harambe likely moved the boy away from the screaming crowd of people because of the noise. “Screaming is only used in extreme situations with primates and it would’ve only raised stress levels. I think it’s wrong that they shot it dead but I wasn’t there so it’s hard to be too critical.”

She said Harambe’s family would be grieving. “The death will have a vast impact on the entire troop. They’re like human families, you can’t replace Harambe with another male. There’s a sense of love and bonding and the entire troop will be destroyed.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/technol...66ae621d67

I had a conversation about Harambe this morning, I didn't raise the subject of him another woman did and both the women I was with raised a point I hadn't heard being made yet and it was about the little boy. They both said had they told their child no, their kid wouldn't have dared be so disobedient as to slip through the fence or whatever the hell it was. That's a good point and I believe it's true. As a little kid I wouldn't have deliberately done something I was specifically told not to because I knew there would be consequences.
Well, this incident sure has a lot of different people getting involved from various angles.

[Image: Gorilla-Experts-Weigh-In-Did-Harambe-Hav...80x382.jpg]

-There have been several on-line posts telling the parents that they're terrible people and should have been shot instead of Harambe.

-Articles and posts have also been written about how wrong it is to blame or crucify the parents.

-The parents again thanked God and sympathetic people on Facebook for their prayers and asked them to donate money to the zoo instead of offering to donate money to them.

-Anti-zoo activists have filed a formal complaint against Cincinnati Zoo.

-The police are investigating the family and events leading up to the boy getting inside the enclave. The father has an extensive criminal history in his youth, but doesn't appear to have any recent troubles with the law and all of his Facebook posts are about his wife and four kids. He works as a mail sorter. His partner and the mother of the boy (Isiah, who's cited as both 3 and 4 years old and is very cute) is an administrator at a pre-school.

-400,000 signatures have now been received on the Change.Org petition, "Justice for Harambe".

Ref and family photos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...cuted.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...nimal.html
(06-01-2016, 12:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I had a conversation about Harambe this morning, I didn't raise the subject of him another woman did and both the women I was with raised a point I hadn't heard being made yet and it was about the little boy. They both said had they told their child no, their kid wouldn't have dared be so disobedient as to slip through the fence or whatever the hell it was. That's a good point and I believe it's true. As a little kid I wouldn't have deliberately done something I was specifically told not to because I knew there would be consequences.
He went over the fence very quickly as I understand it. One minute he was there, the next he was swimming with the gorilla. The kid was obviously a handful, but as a parent, she should have been aware of his whereabouts at all times BECAUSE she knows he's a handful and they are in a public place. My son had a leash similar to what Sally described and I didn't give a fuck what other people thought about it. I think his was a monkey backpack with the leash grommet. He liked it and I always knew where he was. My daughter always stayed stuck to my leg in public. I have to ask though... Why wasn't there and outcry like this when Clapton's kid fell out of a window to his death? Is it because this woman can't play a guitar or is it because we have social media now?
The world is filled with busybodies today. My French aunt would look out the window and say "What dey do der what dey do?" at just about anyone she saw.
(06-01-2016, 01:33 PM)Maggot Wrote: The world is filled with busybodies today. My French aunt would look out the window and say "What dey do der what dey do?" at just about anyone she saw.

Would your kids do something like that after being told no?
Whenever I'm at the zoo, I'm amazed at the amount of trailer-trash that are there.

Generally speaking, their kids are ill-behaved and the parents look like they don't give a shit. To me, that's typical whether it's the zoo or if I'm at Valleyfair or the Mall Of America or Disney World.

That this happened doesn't shock me at all.
(06-01-2016, 01:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 01:33 PM)Maggot Wrote: The world is filled with busybodies today. My French aunt would look out the window and say "What dey do der what dey do?" at just about anyone she saw.

Would your kids do something like that after being told no?

Hell no. They don't swear cuss or even think about it. (They probably swear with their friends though) Just recently though my son got pissed and ran out of the house saying he was running away. 10 min later he came back looking for his 3DS. I've had it for 3 days now. I might give it back tonight if I feel he deserves it.
(06-01-2016, 01:46 PM)Maggot Wrote: Hell no.

I didn't think so. After all these years I have a very good idea of how you parent.
I call it laziness on the parents. They put their kids in front of a television or movie or game and walk away going about their business. I believe that's what we are seeing today as far as crime, drug abuse and students being such pussies is the beginning of the results of this crap and it will only get worse.