Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ZIKA VIRUS
(08-04-2016, 04:44 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: So they started spraying today, a 10 sq mile ares down south around the Winnwood area
There was a female to male sexual transmission last week as well. Prior to it happening, it was believed that only male to male or male to female sexual contact could result in a transmission.
Strap on?
(08-04-2016, 06:05 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Strap on?
No but your very first positive case (male to female) was transmitted anally.
That makes me want to stop skinny dipping.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-04-2016, 04:44 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: So they started spraying today, a 10 sq mile ares down south around the Winnwood area

Poor mosquitoes. You drink blood from one infected person and suddenly you're labeled a pervert... i mean pest.
Just duct tape your butt.
(08-03-2016, 08:18 PM)Maggot Wrote: The movie "Freaks" was made before PC became a hit sensation. It could not be made today except as a documentary from PBS or something. Any other network would get crucified and become a casualty it would be a hot potato with sue happy organizations coming out of the woodwork. Today with facebook, twitter and the internet there would be zillions of commentary on both sides. But its on film and it documents the freakshow life. Those poor souls were famous for a while. I just thought of the similarities between the facial features. Although I'm sure that will be argued also.
Yeah thanks to stupid liberals you can't make any kind of fictional reference to circus or carnival freaks, especially in any sense that showed them as potentially evil characters. If anyone tried, it would be an absolute horror story. An American Horror Story.

Guess we'll never see anything like that in our tv screens any time soon. Thanks, Obama.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(08-04-2016, 03:48 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(08-04-2016, 03:40 PM)sally Wrote: Well I guess Duchess was right. Why did he wear dresses and a bow in his little piece of hair?

He was a freakin retard ya dork! They get to do whatever they want. Whenever they want. I like to call them Gods children.

Why, how much shit do you get away with? Gotta figure it's plenty.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
My FIL lives in Gibtown, Fl. which is known as Home of the freaks and America's strangest town because that's where all the side show freaks used to retire to. The towns police chief was eight and a half foot tall and they had separate counters at the diner and post office for midgets. It's also where Lobster Boy was murdered. My FIL fits right in.
The freak show and circus was the only place they could make money. some if they were really freaky could make more than most. I'm not sure what they do today.
(08-05-2016, 01:52 PM)Maggot Wrote: The freak show and circus was the only place they could make money. some if they were really freaky could make more than most. I'm not sure what they do today.
They still work in freak shows, and some cable networks turn it into a reality show. I saw something about it once and if memory serves me it was on Venice Beach Ca.

I don't know what to call those people that society view as freaks. I can only call someone that in a joking way and a freak's real plight isn't funny to me. I know many would go to sideshows & to the circus and they build a family together with others who have their own oddities. Many of them have been shunned by those who should love them the most. I'm glad that guy is laughing, he must feel happy and that's a good thing.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

It was on AMC.
I've known tons of people living with different disabilities over the years and it never occurs to me to call them freaks unless they've deliberately chosen to embrace and showcase that part of them as a way to stand out. Freak-by-design, so to speak. I would expect that people who self identify as freakshows would not be offended to be acknowledged that way. But who knows? I've been in this field so long it doesn't really occur to me to focus on physical deformities or aberrations any more, and that's really all that a supposed freak is, somebody who drew a crappy genetic hand in the game of life and procreation.
Seeing a person with a deformity is shocking at first but unless they are mentally challenged the deformity disappears and the person comes out. Guys come in with missing hands or legs and after a bit I end up asking what happened to them. I cannot blame any woman that gets an abortion if some crazy deformity is seen early and wonder if the Zika virus would fall in that category.
My moms friend had a severely mentally retarded daughter that I babysat for once and she was a handful. Not because she had any special medical needs, but because she was very unruly. I think she was 12 at the time and she was taller than me. She kept unlocking the front door and running down the street yelling incoherently and then I had to go after her and try to take her by the arm to get her back in the house while she was hitting me in the head. Then my kids and the dog were scared of her because she kept going after them with her arms out kinda like Frankenstein, but I think she was just trying to hug them. That was a long 4 hours.
(08-06-2016, 11:50 AM)sally Wrote: Then my kids and the dog were scared of her because she kept going after them with her arms out kinda like Frankenstein

I know it wasn't her fault, but she was so hyper and out of control that I wanted to give her some rum hoping it would put her to sleep. I'd rather babysit Schlizie.

I pictured that Frankenstein scenario in my mind and it made me laugh out loud. Not at that poor, unfortunate person but at the situation.
I think my kids were maybe 4 and 8 at the time and when she'd start coming at them they would run and hide. I explained her condition to them and they seemed to understand, but I still couldn't blame them for being nervous around her. Even the dogs eyes bugged out of his sockets when she came after him.