Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TODAY IS 9/11

It's been 15 years since the planes flew into the towers. Do you remember what you were doing when you heard about it?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I was bartending at an American Legion. The biggest thing I remember about that day was that half the old fucks wanted to watch the news, and the other half wanted to keep it on "The price is Right".

I also remember watching the towers fall on TV, and running into the bathroom & puking up my lunch. I was positive we were going to have a nuclear war before the day was over. I'm glad we didn't.
I was at work on my first conf call of the day when someone came in and said something about an airplane hitting a building in NY.
We ended the call and turned on the TV and the world was a different place. I was supposed to fly out that afternoon WPB to DFW but the airports were all shut down. 3 days later I ended up driving because there was no other way to get there
I'll never forget, I was at work in my office, when my better half, called me to tell me she saw on TV where a plane hit the WTC tower.

So I hurried down to the caf where I know they had several TV's, and they were showing the horrible news of the plane hitting the tower. I said out loud, that was no accident, and soon after that, we all watched the second plane hit the second tower. Then the plane crash in PA. What could/would be next?

We all watched the chaos in horror for a while, saying a war was starting. Shortly after that I went home to be with my better half!

We both watched the horror continue for the rest of the day.

Consequently, the world changed forever, and will never be the same! (It's hard to believe it was "15" years ago.)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I was just finishing up cleaning a house when the lady came home and turned on the news. At that point the first plane had just hit and no one knew what was going on. I watched it briefly and figured it was an accident or something and went home. It looked bad, but it didn't look that bad. By the time I got home and turned the news back on it looked like the world was ending.
I had just finished playing videogames, turned it back to regular TV mode and the CBS news was reporting a plane had hit the tower and was showing an image of the tower with smoke still billowing out. I remember I ran downstairs to tell the rest of my family the sad news. I feel kind of bad I don't think about 911 too often these days. Except when I'm an asshole friend's house and he keeps rewinding the video of the people jumping out the windows, bodies falling to the ground(I think he gets off on it, the sick fuck. Ignored us when we told him to stop and shut off the video). And asking us if we'd jump if we were in that situation.
(He would. what crazy sick fuck.)
I was at college about an hour from where my house and day care were, and was going into period one when the first, supposedly accidental, plane hit. I told the others what had happened and no one could really concentrate. As soon as class ended I want to the quad I saw the footage of the second plane but nobody had officially closed the school yet. All I could think was that they would close the roads any minute and I didn't want to be stuck so far from home if things continued to escalate, so I ran for my car and drove about 80 all the way home. Grabbed my boy, hightailed it home and called my wife. Everything else that day was a sickening blur of television images and fear that more was coming any,minute.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
I was picking up flowers for my anniversary that day. I watched the entire thing at work. Its was weeks before it was pieced together. I could not believe what I was seeing when they fell, I remember being on the empire state building when I was a kid watching them build those towers.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.