Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE -- SHOULD IT STAY OR SHOULD IT GO NOW?
(11-15-2016, 12:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 11:59 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm interested in whether you favor keeping the electoral college, or instead leaving it directly to the people to decide.
q

If eliminating the Electoral College means big urban areas will have a skewed advantage toward electing a President, then No, I'm not in favor.

And yes, I live in an urban area of approximately 2.5-3M people.

As long as the Electoral College keeps the ratio of a state's population-to-number of votes allocated correct, I feel the system is fine.

I don't see why a vote isn't a vote regardless of where it came from. That's a true democracy. However, the bill to have the electorates vote based on the popular vote in their area is a step in the right direction.

With all the ways and means we have of voting, plus tv's in most every home etc., I don't think the rural areas need be under represented unless they just don't get off their fat asses to vote (so they don't deserve a vote as far as I'm concerned). Fuck them. I heard last night that roughly 45+% of the population didn't vote. I think the electoral college "fixes" that for them but it's inherently unfair. Majority ought to rule IMO.
Commando Cunt Queen

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE -- SHOULD IT STAY OR SHOULD IT GO NOW? - by username - 11-15-2016, 01:48 PM