GLUG GLUG GLUG

Would you pay $19 for a bottle of beer?

Can you recall the most you've ever paid for a single alcoholic beverage while out?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I might. I have already paid $9 for one while at a Bears/Packers game.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
(01-18-2017, 06:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Can you recall the most you've ever paid for a single alcoholic beverage while out?
How big is the bottle and whats the alcohol content by volume?
I can't really recall, but I know some of the resorts we've stayed at the prices were ridiculous. Probably like 15 bucks for a bloody Mary and 8 for a draft beer and then you have to give the bartender a couple of bucks. But we were on vacation and I just said fuck it and ordered it anyway. The worst thing to do is put it on your room, the next thing you know you know you'll have an extra thousand bucks in room charges.

I definitely would pay $19 for a bottle of beer if there was nothing else available. I figure if I'm out somewhere where the beer is 19 bucks per bottle then I'm there to have a good time, not be a miserable cheapskate. I've never come across that though.
Hell no.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I have paid more than that for a beer, it was a very good beer.
Stone Arrogant Bastard goes for about $13, Some of the Averys are about there. Golden Carols is about 20 , th grand Crue and Easter Ales are more than that
I think the most expensive drink I ever bought was Armagnac, 60 I think
It's about $20 a drink now when you go out. It's not cheap going out these days. You have to be cashed up like P.Diddy. What about getting a cab home? Another ripoff.
(01-18-2017, 06:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I bought a $15 dollar bottle of vodka recently and a $15 dollar bottle of habanero wine(Dragon's Vengeance) a few weeks before that. But when I go out to a bar to drink I usually pay about $5-6 a beer. Though I did buy a Pumpkin Cappachino with Fireball for $8 on New Year's Eve. Oh and I usually spend about $10 to $15 dollars for a growler of beer when I buy one for Saturday night poker and pool.
$16 for a cocktail at some snooty hotel bar in Mpls.

What's a growler of beer, Clang? I don't recall ever hearing that term before.
(01-19-2017, 12:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

What's a growler of beer, Clang? I don't recall ever hearing that term before.

http://beer.wikia.com/wiki/Growler

The growler I got from gotbeer.com looks even nicer than that picture.

Ahh, gotcha. I didn't even know beer came like that. When I was young I saw it sold in quart size, it looked like a bigger version of a regular bottle of beer.
(01-19-2017, 02:23 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Ahh, gotcha. I didn't even know beer came like that. When I was young I saw it sold in quart size, it looked like a bigger version of a regular bottle of beer.

Yeah it equals about a six pack of beer. Me, my brother, and our friend usually get about 2 beers each out of a growler.
I paid $95 for a bottle of Absinthe (Maybe most likely defiantly spelt wrong). The most I've paid at a pub is $20. My partner at the time said I could have one more drink then we are leaving so I went up to the bar and explained this and asked for the strongest drink they could make. Don't know what it was but it cost $20.
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING
(01-19-2017, 07:02 PM)Som Yung Ho Wrote: I paid $95 for a bottle of Absinthe (Maybe most likely defiantly spelt wrong). The most I've paid at a pub is $20. My partner at the time said I could have one more drink then we are leaving so I went up to the bar and explained this and asked for the strongest drink they could make. Don't know what it was but it cost $20.

Maybe it was an El Bastardo?
They don't usually put bourbon into mixes here. Bourbons not considered a serous whisky here. Its for kids and girls. It had ice tea in it whatever it was. Quite tasty as well as strong.
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING
I haven't had a drink in ages. I like a nice coffee, or hot chocolate.
(01-19-2017, 11:10 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: I haven't had a drink in ages. I like a nice coffee, or hot chocolate.

They make chocolate/coffee beers ya know. Sampled a chocolate stout from Southern Tier a few weeks ago, Appropriately named Choklat.
(01-19-2017, 11:15 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Southern Tier

I saw a man die there. It was at a rest area in Whitney Point.