Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
EXERCISING YOUR 1ST AMENDMENT
Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

RE: EXERCISING YOUR 1ST AMENDMENT

(10-19-2017 02:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:  
(10-19-2017 01:48 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Did they do that during "their" anthem?

You know damn well they don't have an anthem.

10-19-2017 02:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

Oops.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
10-19-2017 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(10-19-2017 03:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

Oops.
Blowing-kisseshah

10-19-2017 03:49 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(10-19-2017 01:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I feel like this type of thing always seems to attract those who are looking to start some shit.

I hear ya.

[Image: Richard-Spencer-600x345.jpg]
^Richard Spencer, the speaker, is himself full of shit and always looking to start some shit.

He wasn't invited to the university, but instead rented a hall there for $10,000. The university reportedly spent 50 times that amount to keep the peace while he spoke about his white supremacist / white state bullshit and others protested it.

Once again, the white supremacist supporters were far outnumbered by protesters and he got a lot more boos than claps. However, Spencer will undoubtedly try to spin it as a victory or position himself as a victim (as usual).

Seems it went down without any major issues, fortunately.

10-19-2017 07:03 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

And then.......

About 90 minutes after Spencer's speech, a Texas trio of his white nationalist supporters drove up to a group of protesters and started threatening them and sounding off Nazi and Hitler rhetoric.

After a heated exchange between the groups, one of the protesters hit the nationalists' Jeep with a baton. That's when Tyler Tenbrink (below left) jumped out with a gun while Colton Fears (below center) and William Fears (below right) screamed, "I'm going to f-- kill you," "Kill them" and "Shoot them."

[Image: 700x394]

Police said Tenbrink fired a shot, but he missed the people (fortunately) and instead hit a building before the Jeep sped off.

One of the people who had been targeted got the license plate number and reported it to police. An off-duty sheriff's deputy who had worked at the Spencer event searched for and found the Jeep.

All three are charged with attempted homicide. Tenbrink is a convicted felon; he's also charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Story: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/natio...story.html

10-21-2017 12:24 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(10-21-2017 12:24 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  All three are charged with attempted homicide. Tenbrink is a convicted felon; he's also charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Good. Goddamn freaks. They're very young, I hope they are locked away for a good part of their miserable lives, fuck 'em.

10-21-2017 01:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, NFL thread, Colin's thread, but since it pertains to the 1st Amendment I'll put it here -

This man is the co-owner of the Packers, Harvey Kaye -

"I am a co-owner of the @packers and I feel ashamed of the organization for bowing to the anti-democratic efforts of the @NFL to strip players of their free speech rights - WE must not accept it!??"

I think there's a good chance we'll be seeing more of this type of response.

05-25-2018 03:20 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(05-25-2018 03:20 PM)Duchess Wrote:  I think there's a good chance we'll be seeing more of this type of response.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more public push back from within the NFL......yet.

But I won't be surprised if the players' union is strategizing about how to most effectively respond to not being consulted regarding the new policy, which essentially amounts to the league adjusting their code of conduct (which is their right as an employer) to remove a previously-allowed freedom of expression.

I did see NBA Warriors' coach Steve Kerr sharing his unfiltered opinion about it when asked by a reporter though.

05-26-2018 08:40 PM