Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Furniture Refinishing
blueberryhill Offline
Mocker

RE: Furniture Refinishing

User:

It is hard to tell grain pattern from the picture (for me) but if you google "photos of wood grains," I think you might find a match or close to it.

Also the top looks like it is layers which to me, looks like laminate where they glue layers of faux wood. I am probably wrong, but google like I said...there are some photos that are close to your picture....I think the colors you use should coordinate with the rest of your woods and decor......

02-02-2017 06:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Clang McFly Offline
Title Bureau Fat Fuck

(02-02-2017 06:47 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:  User:

It is hard to tell grain pattern from the picture (for me) but if you google "photos of wood grains," I think you might find a match or close to it.

Don't accidentally google "photos of wood groins" you might not like what you see.

(sorry. I can't help myself. wordplay)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
02-02-2017 06:52 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

(02-02-2017 06:38 PM)BigMark Wrote:  The pattern repeats itself in the grain unlike a natural solid piece of wood that would have some variation and would have to be 100 feet tall to make a board that big.

WIDE

02-02-2017 08:07 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(02-02-2017 06:38 PM)BigMark Wrote:  The pattern repeats itself in the grain unlike a natural solid piece of wood that would have some variation and would have to be 100 feet tall to make a board that big.

Shhhhh.........she's thinking.

02-02-2017 08:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Also the top looks like it is layers which to me, looks like laminate where they glue layers of faux wood. I am probably wrong, but google like I said...there are some photos that are close to your picture....I think the colors you use should coordinate with the rest of your woods and decor......

Oh stop.............you suck at this. Stick with "colors"

02-02-2017 08:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

blueberryhill Offline
Mocker

(02-02-2017 08:24 PM)Maggot Wrote:  

Oh stop.............you suck at this. Stick with "colors"

And who made you the King of Wood? I had to do a lot of research when i remodeled house in Estes Park and i looked at every type of wood known to mankind from engineered, laminate, blah, blah.......and I had to choose grains, color, thickness, layers of any faux wood, e.g., I choices of thickness on the engineered woods....i know all the pros and cons and I chose thickness i thought would be best for my purpose...the thickness you order determines approx how many times you can refinish floor....I would have gone for more thickness, but it was too costly. When you do something yourself, you get educated on that particular project so don't tell me I suck, sonny boy, unless you can find facts that prove otherwise.......also, I know the pros and cons of installing the different type of

floors (I was installing wood floors), cost, sub-flooring required depending on type of foundation. Now, go chop some wood.......

02-02-2017 08:43 PM

BlueTiki Offline
Sincerity Faker

I love the Estes Park area!

Speedy recovery . . . Knocking on wood, for you, BBH.

02-02-2017 08:47 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Yeah I know, "my that looks good in the sunlight" "wow! I wonder what that smells like" " a nice crocheted blanket would look nice on that" ........No concept of how to cut a piece of wood or attach the pieces together. A "design only" mindset. I've seen a ton of them, no clue on anything mechanically sound or of any spacial context. Just "I want that and that's that". Geez! Explain the term "revel" in any type of design concept sugar.

02-02-2017 08:51 PM

blueberryhill Offline
Mocker

(02-02-2017 08:47 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:  I love the Estes Park area!

Speedy recovery . . . Knocking on wood, for you, BBH.

Aw....thanks, Tiki....I will live, but it is somewhat painful....yes, I loved my home in the mountains and would still be there if not for the fact that I smoked for so long and damaged my lungs.

i think about you and your niece and hope things are improving in the family.....

02-02-2017 08:56 PM

blueberryhill Offline
Mocker

(02-02-2017 08:51 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Yeah I know, "my that looks good in the sunlight" "wow! I wonder what that smells like" " a nice crocheted blanket would look nice on that" ........No concept of how to cut a piece of wood or attach the pieces together. A "design only" mindset. I've seen a ton of them, no clue on anything mechanically sound or of any spacial context. Just "I want that and that's that". Geez! Explain the term "revel" in any type of design concept sugar.

well, i assume revel is a form of bevel. how many times do i have to tell you that i had to research the wear, tear, installation, durability, reliability, hardness of wood, (no wise cracks), etc...i do more than design, you fool......

02-02-2017 09:01 PM

BlueTiki Offline
Sincerity Faker

(02-02-2017 08:56 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:  i think about you and your niece and hope things are improving in the family.....

Thanks for your thoughts.

Nope. Full on snowflake who wants nothing to do with me at the moment.

Never realized how much hate she has for heteros and men . . . heterophobic and misandristic.

Very sad.

My brother told me something that might explain some of her attitude against me while we were in Hawaii.

He said she took offense when I stated I had no immediate plans on returning to Japan, due to their treatment of women . . . and the fact I questioned if she could accept this attitude while she lived there.

I guess she was counting on me to be the one taking her on her maiden voyage.

Remember . . . she's a Japanese and German language student.

She can find another travel partner easily enough.

And it's a "no go" for Alaska . . . her choice.

So . . . I've purchased a Brietbart cap, T and mug for her graduation gifts.

And a used copy of "The Art of the Deal".

Better than Pajama Grams! hah

02-02-2017 09:16 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

(02-02-2017 09:01 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 08:51 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Yeah I know, "my that looks good in the sunlight" "wow! I wonder what that smells like" " a nice crocheted blanket would look nice on that" ........No concept of how to cut a piece of wood or attach the pieces together. A "design only" mindset. I've seen a ton of them, no clue on anything mechanically sound or of any spacial context. Just "I want that and that's that". Geez! Explain the term "revel" in any type of design concept sugar.

well, i assume revel is a form of bevel. how many times do i have to tell you that i had to research the wear, tear, installation, durability, reliability, hardness of wood, (no wise cracks), etc...i do more than design, you fool......

So, you being the one that has as much experience as you do cannot say what a "revel" is in woodworking? I'm floored B.H. . . just floored I tell ya. Sorry for the spaces there, my cat just walked across my keyboard (tee-hee)

02-02-2017 09:45 PM

sally Away
sally

(02-02-2017 08:43 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:  And who made you the King of Wood?

Well he does have a penis so....

But I'm sure you know a bit about wood too so no need to fight over it.

02-02-2017 10:07 PM

username Offline
Mod Lite

It is NOT laminate but I can see the grain pattern repeating.

Just for the hell of it, I took some photos of the underside. The border on that is either stained brown or has just a light coat of paint because I can clearly see grain.The bottom center looks pretty. I wonder if I could just flip that part over, lol.

I'll post the pics later.

Commando Cunt Queen
02-02-2017 10:31 PM