Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT
(03-16-2020, 03:44 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 12:06 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Mags.........I think you need to read the articles you link before you post them.  This is just one of many cases where you insist something is a fact and refuse to post a link or provide any form of substantiation.  

Or, as in this case, where you post a link to an article which you insist is evidence of your claims when it's nothing of the sort.

But, yeah, I read the article you linked:  https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/44...nding-bill

It sounded very familiar.  About halfway through it, I realized I'd read the article months and months ago. As LoveChild noted, it's 9 months old.  Check the date.

The funding bill of subject in The Hill article you just posted as evidence of your Coronavirus legislation claim has absolutely nothing to do with Coronavirus legislation.  Coronavirus had not even materialized when that article was published.

This one? link    March 13th?

I already addressed that generally upthread Mags. I'll be more specific.

Ben Sasse is a very vocal pro-life (or anti-choice) politician and has been for years.  He has a right to express his unabashedly biased opinions and feelings on the issue.  And, others have a right to applaud him for purely partisan political posturing purposes or because they share his opinion and feelings.  No problem.

Sasse's slippery-slope fear or suspicion about what Pelosi and the Democrats could do down the line is what set him off and motivated him to demand that the unrelated issue/law be referenced or included in the coronavirus legislation.

You took what Sasse reportedly said and did and falsely characterized it.  Even the March 13th article you linked, in which the very partisan Daily Caller is cited as the source, does not state that Nancy Pelosi tried to sneak abortion funding into the coronavirus aid legislation and had to back it out, as you claimed.  Re-read the article.

The article instead suggests that Sasse went off because he was convinced that Pelosi not addressing 'abortion' in the coronavirus lab reimbursement stipulations could somehow open the door to the Hyde Amendment being circumvented or weakened in the future, and he thus accused Pelosi of trying to wage cultural wars (weird and wide stretch, but whatever).   

The second half of the article then goes on to reference previous direct efforts by some Democrats to have the Hyde Amendment legally overturned, which is their right and their responsibility in representing constituents who oppose it.  Those previous efforts had nothing whatsoever to do with coronavirus legislation, but I assume they were included in the article to give context to Sasse's outrage over something that Pelosi did not do (or to purposely mislead some readers).

Messages In This Thread
RE: BITCHFEST -- THE EXTREMISTS ON THE FAR LEFT AND FAR RIGHT - by HairOfTheDog - 03-16-2020, 06:08 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Duchess - 12-09-2018, 01:47 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by BigMark - 12-09-2018, 02:18 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Maggot - 12-09-2018, 03:40 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by sally - 12-09-2018, 05:32 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Fry Guy - 12-09-2018, 07:25 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Maggot - 12-09-2018, 07:32 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by sally - 12-09-2018, 07:46 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by sally - 12-09-2018, 08:17 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by HairOfTheDog - 12-09-2018, 09:43 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by BigMark - 12-09-2018, 10:16 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by Maggot - 12-09-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: Meat meat, glorious meat - by HairOfTheDog - 12-09-2018, 10:35 PM