Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
A DAY OF REST
Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: A DAY OF REST

(03-05-2017 06:21 PM)Maggot Wrote:  this woodburning I'm doing for a wedding in the spring.

That's a lovely, personal gift, Maggotyboo. Lucky friends.

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
03-05-2017 08:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Carsman Offline
Geriatric star & Bad Mocker

Every day is Saturday and Sunday here, no daily work required, unless feel like it!
Then if do decide to work, it's usually not more then 2 hours in any given day!

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
03-05-2017 08:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

They say those ZzzQuils aren't habit forming, but I've gotten in the habit of taking them every night. I'm going to throw those sonofabitches out. After I take my last dose tonight that is. I get some good rest with those, I sleep like a damn potato.

03-05-2017 08:56 PM

aussiefriend Away
Mocker

(03-05-2017 08:56 PM)sally Wrote:  They say those ZzzQuils aren't habit forming, but I've gotten in the habit of taking them every night. I'm going to throw those sonofabitches out. After I take my last dose tonight that is. I get some good rest with those, I sleep like a damn potato.

Do they give you a dry mouth? Is there a hangover effect, ie still drowsy or dopey in the morning?

03-05-2017 10:29 PM

Clang McFly Offline
Current Mood: Lumberg

(03-05-2017 08:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 06:15 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  Took off Friday from work

Do you accumulate sick days and that's how you're able to miss work when you really need to?

Yes. Right now, I think I have a month worth of sick days saved up. Which I guess is good because I thought my cold and cough were getting better, but they sent me home from work today because they claimed my cough still sounded bad. I'm trying to rest up as much as I can but I just can't seem to shake this cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3kzivfaOaE
03-06-2017 02:01 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-06-2017 02:01 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  I'm trying to rest up as much as I can but I just can't seem to shake this cold.

What are you taking for it?

03-06-2017 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Clang McFly Offline

(03-06-2017 02:03 PM)Duchess Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 02:01 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  I'm trying to rest up as much as I can but I just can't seem to shake this cold.

What are you taking for it?

Cough drops.

I think part of the problem is the cold weather. The apartment at times seems almost as cold as the old house last winter when the furnace broke and the pipes froze. I wish we had central heating and not just these stupid small radiators which seem almost as bad as the space heaters we we're using to keep warm last winter.

03-06-2017 02:11 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-06-2017 02:11 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  Cough drops.

I think part of the problem is the cold weather. The apartment at times seems almost as cold as the old house last winter when the furnace broke and the pipes froze. I wish we had central heating and not just these stupid small radiators which seem almost as bad as the space heaters we we're using to keep warm last winter.

That's insufficient. You need something stronger in both medicine & heat. They have very nice, energy efficient heaters at Lowes. If you only use it in your bedroom while you're at home it will cost less than a dollar a day. Go get one and then stop at the drugstore and get a cough syrup that has DM on the bottle. DM., Clang, note that.

03-06-2017 02:16 PM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

Yeah, then you could stay in the bathroom all day and stay out of everyone's hair.

I read that as bathroom not bedroom. I'm not sure which is better now that I'm thinking about it.

03-06-2017 03:14 PM

Clang McFly Offline

(03-06-2017 03:14 PM)Maggot Wrote:  Yeah, then you could stay in the bathroom all day and stay out of everyone's hair.

I read that as bathroom not bedroom. I'm not sure which is better now that I'm thinking about it.

But I like being in people's hair!:(

Especially sally's. *sniff* smells like crab rangoons and beer.

03-06-2017 04:24 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

She's tile down there.

03-06-2017 08:30 PM

Clang McFly Offline

(03-06-2017 02:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:  
(03-06-2017 02:11 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  Cough drops.

That's insufficient. You need something stronger in both medicine & heat. They have very nice, energy efficient heaters at Lowes. If you only use it in your bedroom while you're at home it will cost less than a dollar a day. Go get one and then stop at the drugstore and get a cough syrup that has DM on the bottle. DM., Clang, note that.

Better advice than my boss. "get some Vitamin C. Drink lots of orange juice." I'm now taking some Alka-Seltzer cold medicine and it seems to be helping somewhat. I would have gone out to the drugstore but being sick I'm also been having trouble sleeping and didn't feel safe driving anywhere. My Dad and brother are feeling sick too, so its not like I could ask them to go get medicine.

03-07-2017 12:22 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(03-07-2017 12:22 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:  I would have gone out to the drugstore but being sick I'm also been having trouble sleeping and didn't feel safe driving anywhere. My Dad and brother are feeling sick too, so its not like I could ask them to go get medicine.

With 3 of you sick one of you is going to have to go, Clang. Send that sloth of a brother. Some drugstores deliver, is that an option for you? Your dad is old, you boys can't dick around with something even as simple as a cold when it comes to him.

03-07-2017 05:48 PM

BigMark Offline
Mocker

If he would have ordered via amazon prime it would have already been there, don't baby him!

03-07-2017 06:10 PM