Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2017

How you doin', MS? Another good win, I watched and I got to see the end of the Packers game in OT too.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

So nervous. Ugh.
(12-03-2017, 05:07 PM)Duchess Wrote:

How you doin', MS? Another good win, I watched and I got to see the end of the Packers game in OT too.

It’s really beginning to look like Eagles-Vikes as Top 2 seeds, with Rams and Saints right behind.

I feel like we’ll have some quality playoff games in the NFC this year.

My club just refuses to back down.

Top rated 3rd down Defense in the league , and that my friends, is how you win football games.

I’ve not felt confident in any of these last 4 games, listening to pundits constantly puck against us, or disparage Case Keenum.

This has been fun so far

Good luck in Seattle tonight!
(12-03-2017, 09:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Good luck in Seattle tonight!

Thanks! Woe is me. 34

Giants fired their head coach this morning.
Wouldn’t it figure for Eagle and Viking fans?

They’d be having ‘once in a decade’ seasons at the same time.

I’m not going to get ahead of myself, and I refuse to set myself up for heartache down the road, though any Viking fan will admit they know it’s lurking around the corner somewhere.

Eagles looked very physical on the defensive side of the ball last night. I was surprised how Russell was able to get them 24 points. Wentz’ fumble on the 1 sure didn’t help things either.

Philly is still in great shape.

Tough, but winnable game out west next week against the Rams.

I've been preoccupied with other bs so I haven't really had time to mourn. I know we're still in really good shape and it's been such a great ride. On to the next one...
(12-04-2017, 02:36 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Tough, but winnable game out west next week against the Rams.

I've seen several people say words to the effect that maybe they were gettin' a little too big for their britches and they needed a come to Jesus moment. They all insist those guys will have their act together when we face the Rams. God I hope that's true.

I never expected this year. At all! The more they give me the more I want. They've been so good and I want to keep riding.
(12-04-2017, 02:44 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've been preoccupied with other bs so I haven't really had time to mourn. I know we're still in really good shape and it's been such a great ride. On to the next one...
I've been under the weather. Slept through the game.

I hope you're feeling better!

It's good you slept through it. It was seriously annoying.
(12-06-2017, 01:53 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I hope you're feeling better!

It's good you slept through it. It was seriously annoying.
That's what I'm hearing. Pederson called a very conservative game. I am feeling better though, so let's move forward. I hear the Rams are expecting a big Philly crowd, so much so that they're practicing their silent snap count. Where is THAT coming from?

Game day!

The #1 and #2 QB's in the draft are facing each other today. Go Eagles!
Today in Charlotte, NC, #1 overall draft pick Cam Newton will be hosting undrafted Case Keenum.

The Panthers also sport the #2 ranked rushing offense.

Another physical road test for my Vikings.

Since Denver knocked Newton around in Super Bowl L less than 2 years ago, Cam has been statistically pretty mediocre. He holds the ball longer than any quarterback and that has been his undoing IMO.

However, with a win today, Carolina can move back into a tie for first with the Saints, so there’s a ton riding on this game.
Cam came through in the clutch today, ripping off a 62 yard run in a tie game with just over 2 minutes left, propelling Carolina to a 31-24 win over my Vikings.

My team played poorly today, committing 3 turnovers while giving up a multitude of big plays, yet were tied on the road with 3 minutes left.

Just looking for a silver lining.

Anyway, this ends a brutal 5 game stretch in which my team played 4 of 5 on the road and came away with a 4-1 record.

Offensive line is getting beat up. Imperative to get them healthy as we near the post season.
It looks like my MVP QB has an ACL injury. I want wail :(
(12-10-2017, 09:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: It looks like my MVP QB has an ACL injury. I want wail :(

When he was walking off the field I would’ve never suspected an ACL injury, however, our RB walked off the same way, and sure enough he had suffered a torn ACL.

Hope for the best for Wentz.
(12-10-2017, 10:59 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Hope for the best for Wentz.

Thanks, MS, me too. I'm trying to find some joy in being NFC East champs :(

I found it! NFC East champions! Yowzers. 11-2.

I have hope & I believe.

On to those filthyNewYorkGiants in their house.
Maybe the Eagles should hire Kaepernick hah
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

We're fine with Nick, thanks!
He might rack up quite a few yards by kneeling during a few critical plays and get the opposing team for roughing the quarterback.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.