Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
THE AMERICAN FLAG
When all the bullshit is stripped off it remains a reminder of the people that have died to keep freedom alive. The flag is a representation of that and a reminder that freedom is not free. Something that is getting forgotten and pretty much tossed into the dustbin of today's wasteland of social warriors that have never had a taste of being bombed or having to restrict their petty problems that really is nothing compared to what our Grandparents endured.

I wonder how strong their convictions would be when faced with such oppression, they would probably fold and just go with the flow. There is truth in history and that is lost a bit today.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(04-11-2021, 08:48 PM)Maggot Wrote: When all the bullshit is stripped off it remains a reminder of the people that have died to keep freedom alive. The flag is a representation of that and a reminder that freedom is not free. Something that is getting forgotten and pretty much tossed into the dustbin of today's wasteland of social warriors that have never had a taste of being bombed or having to restrict their petty problems that really is nothing compared to what our Grandparents endured.

I wonder how strong their convictions would be when faced with such oppression, they would probably fold and just go with the flow. There is truth in history and that is lost a bit today.

The only President that stood up to the Bank of England and lived to tell the tale was Andrew Jackson. The American Revolution was never fully consummated, because that would have entailed killing that bank, and all of it's agents and spies. History is extremely important, but as has been noted on a great many occasions, it is written by the victors. It has also been noted -- far less frequently -- that none are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Ever hear of a Marine by the name of Smedley Butler? He was awarded two Medals of Honor, and wrote a pamphlet entitled War is a Racket. I highly recommend it.

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.pdf