Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
"I THINK I DID IT" -- MURDER OF LAUREN PHELPS, NC
A man who allegedly told a 911 dispatcher he took too much cough medicine and awoke to find his wife slain appeared in court today on first-degree murder charges.

"I think I did it," Matthew Phelps is heard saying on the call.

The victim's family members attended this afternoon's hearing, reported the Raleigh News & Observer.

Phelps appeared wearing an orange and white striped prison jumpsuit and listened quietly as a judge told him he could spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole or face the death penalty if convicted, the paper reports.

After the hearing, Phelps' lawyer Joseph Blunt Cheshire V told the paper that the effects of the cold medicine on his client would be "an interesting subject of inquiry."

He called Lauren Phelps' death and Matthew Phelps' arrest "a very tragic situation" and asked that the public withhold judgment until more is known.

"There's a whole lot more to this story that will be told in the future," he told the paper.

full story: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/murder-susp...-in-court/

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I THINK I DID IT" -- MURDER OF LAUREN PHELPS, NC - by HairOfTheDog - 09-05-2017, 09:03 PM