Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
KAEPERNICK SUES FOR COLLUSION
Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

RE: KAEPERNICK SUES FOR COLLUSION

(11-15-2017 01:09 PM)Jimbone Wrote:  I don't think he's piss poor like Ryan Leaf, but he's become a below average quarterback, and his stats prove it. He's turning the ball over almost as many times as he's scoring touchdowns. His average yards per game had him dead last at the end of 2016 among qualifying quarterbacks, as did his yards per attempt and completion percentage. And when you get beyond the raw stats and calculate them based on game situations, he's been lower tier his past two seasons. 2016, 23rd of 34. 2015, 29th of 37. In 2014 (the turning point in his performance) he was middle of the pack, 21st out of 44. These are the kind of stats that matter to people spending the money on these players.
And for a player who was notorious for stretching out a play with his legs, this is probably the most concerning stat of all.

11-15-2017 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

HairOfTheDog Offline

Well guys, I'm okay with agreeing to disagree about Colin Kaepernick's abilities as a quarterback. I don't think he's below average and maybe only good enough to be a back up, but understand that you do. And, I don't think it's his baggage that he's lugging around, but understand that you do.

I'm interested to see where his grievance goes and whether his attorney finds evidence of collusion. Geragos has public statements which he feels help build a case. And last week owners were asked to turn over cell phones as league officials await word on depositions.

11-15-2017 03:32 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(11-15-2017 03:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  Well guys, I'm okay with agreeing to disagree about Colin Kaepernick's abilities as a quarterback. I don't think he's below average and maybe only good enough to be a back up, but understand that you do. And, I don't think it's his baggage that he's lugging around, but understand that you do.

I'm interested to see where his grievance goes and whether his attorney finds evidence of collusion. Geragos has public statements which he feels help build a case. And last week owners were asked to turn over cell phones as league officials await word on depositions.
If he was above mediocre and had no baggage (you say it's not his baggage but he made the choice to carry that luggage so IMO it's all his), he'd be riding the pine somewhere or starting in SF. I'm pretty sure there's teams out there that are pulling out all the stops right now. The aforementioned Browns for one, and I believe the Bills are starting a guy I've never heard of this week too (Nathan Peterman... Anybody? Anybody ever heard of him?).

11-15-2017 04:06 PM

Jimbone Offline
Now with more intolerance!

Keep in mind, he gave away money to get out of SF early (he was contracted to 2020). He knew the writing was on the wall there, and wanted to take a crack at free agency. I don't think he expected no one to be interested.

The rumor wire had it that there was interest earlier in 2017, but in signing him as a back up (which of course is much less money). He wasn't interested then in not being a starter or getting starter sized money.

11-15-2017 05:09 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

I'm not much interested in those rumors, but very interested in the facts and what will be presented as circumstantial evidence in the legal case.

If the team owners with serious QB problems claim that Kaepernick just isn't good enough to be considered, I suspect the statistics will probably become part of the case, and maybe the statements of players like Brady and Sherman.

“I’ve always watched him and admired him, the way that he’s played,” Brady said. “He was a great young quarterback. He came to our stadium and beat us and took his team to the Super Bowl in 2012. He accomplished a lot in the pros as a player. And he’s certainly qualified, and I hope he gets a shot."

Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Joe Flacco, and Aaron Rodgers are among the other players who've made public statements indicating that Kaepernick is qualified and deserves a shot.

11-15-2017 06:42 PM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(11-15-2017 05:09 PM)Jimbone Wrote:  Keep in mind, he gave away money to get out of SF early (he was contracted to 2020). He knew the writing was on the wall there, and wanted to take a crack at free agency. I don't think he expected no one to be interested.

The rumor wire had it that there was interest earlier in 2017, but in signing him as a back up (which of course is much less money). He wasn't interested then in not being a starter or getting starter sized money.
Then financially he made a good choice. He can write books now, do public speaking gigs and likely make as much for at least the next 10 years.

Yesterday 01:09 PM