LOSING EVERYTHING
Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

RE: LOSING EVERYTHING

(11-03-2017 05:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:  

I was just reading about a recent house fire in my community and the way the community is rallying around this family restores my faith in humanity. The family lost everything except for what they were wearing. I can hardly wrap my head around LOSING EVERYTHING.

Have you ever been through something like that?
Yes. House fires suck. To this day, i will be looking for something that I KNOW I have, only to remember that it went up in the fire.

11-06-2017 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

I'm pretty sure the contents of my house are worth more than I'm insured for, so it would definitely suck to have a fire and lose everything. The only material things that can't be replaced, however, are my photos and some paintings. Oh and my haunted candlesticks. I don't have a lot of stuff that has sentimental value to me, I can just replace all my nice furniture and TV's with even nicer stuff.

11-06-2017 11:43 AM

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(11-06-2017 11:43 AM)sally Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the contents of my house are worth more than I'm insured for, so it would definitely suck to have a fire and lose everything. The only things that can't be replaced, however, are my photos and some paintings. Oh and my haunted candlesticks.
Yeah, not having photos from my past sucks. I also lost all of my sports trophies which devastated me at the time. That and the husky puppy I lost in the fire.

11-06-2017 11:49 AM

sally Away
sally

That would be devastating.

I know someone who lost both their dogs and a parrot they had for 20 years in a fire.

11-06-2017 12:04 PM

Carsman Offline
Bad Mocker

(11-06-2017 11:49 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 11:43 AM)sally Wrote:  I'm pretty sure the contents of my house are worth more than I'm insured for, so it would definitely suck to have a fire and lose everything. The only things that can't be replaced, however, are my photos and some paintings. Oh and my haunted candlesticks.
Yeah, not having photos from my past sucks. I also lost all of my sports trophies which devastated me at the time. That and the husky puppy I lost in the fire.

Yeah some old photos can't be replaced!

That's why I have some of my most favorite old photos locked in
3 different "fire proof" lock boxes. Along with lots of cash, Birth Certificates, and other important legal papers, including my will.

Carsman: Loves Living Large

Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!
11-06-2017 12:18 PM

sally Away
sally

My husband has judo trophies and some other memorabilia stuff, but I had him pack up all that junk and take it to his shop. Really the only thing I'd be concerned with getting out of here in the case of a fire is us and the pets. If you're not home of course then the pets would be trapped. I have a doggy door I leave open so at least the dogs would still have chance to get out.

11-06-2017 12:21 PM