Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
April 10, 2016

George Papadopoulos emailed the Female Russian National, according to court records citing documents obtained by federal investigators, re-introducing himself and noting that “[w]e met with [“Professor”] in London. The reason for my message is because [“Professor”] sent an email that you tried contacting me." Papadopoulos added: “It would be a pleasure to meet again. If not, we should have a call and discuss some things.” He ended the email with his mobile number and asking the woman's mobile number.

April 11, 2016

The person identified in court records as a "Female Russian National” responded to Papadopoulos’ April 10 email, saying she was “now back in St. Petersburg” but “would be very pleased to support your initiatives between our two countries and of course I would be very pleased to meet you again.” Papadopoulos responded, copying The Professor, saying: “I think a good step would be for me to meet with the Russian Ambassador in London sometime this month.” Papadopoulos said he would “like to discuss with him, or anyone else you recommend, about a potential foreign policy trip to Russia." The court records go on to say that the Professor responded to Papadopoulos later that same day: “This is already been agreed. I am flying to Moscow on the 18th for a Valdai meeting, plus other meetings at the Duma.”

The Female Russian National responded that she had "already alerted my personal links to our conversation and your request…As mentioned we are all very excited by the possibility of a good relationship with Mr. Trump. The Russian Federation would love to welcome him once his candidature would be officially announced.”

Papadopoulos receives an email from a person identified in court records as "Russian MFA Connection" - referencing the Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The emailer said: “I have already alerted my personal links to our conversation and your request. The Embassy in London is very much aware of this. As mentioned we are all very excited about the possibility of a good relationship with Mr. Trump. The Russian Federation would love to welcome him once his candidature would be officially announced.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 12-03-2017, 10:11 AM