Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
April 18, 2016

The man identified in federal court records as the "Professor" emailed Papadopoulos, saying that he had a “long conversation in Moscow with my dear friend [“Russian MFA Connection”] …about a possible meeting between the two of you. [“Russian MFA Connection”] is ready to meet with you in London (or USA or Moscow). I am putting the two of you in touch to discuss when and where this potential meeting can actually take place.” The court records say that the Russian MFA Connection was copied on the email. Papadopoulos responded by offering to “try and come to Moscow” and setting up a Skype call with the Russian MFA Connection for 3:00 p.m. “Moscow time.”

Over the next several weeks, the court records describe that Papadopoulos and the Russian MFA Connection had multiple conversations over Skype and email about setting “the groundwork” for a “potential” meeting between the campaign and Russian government officials.

April 22, 2016

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Connection sent Papadopoulos an email thanking him “for an extensive talk” and proposing “to meet in London or in Moscow.” Papadopoulos replied by suggesting that “we set one up here in London with the Ambassador as well to discuss a process moving forward.”

April 25, 2016

George Papadopoulos emailed a senior policy adviser for the campaign: “The Russian government has an open invitation by Putin for Mr. Trump to meet him when he is ready. The advantage of being in London is that these governments tend to speak a bit more openly in ‘neutral’ cities.”

April 26, 2016

Papadopoulos met the man identified in court records as the "Professor" for breakfast at a London hotel. During this meeting, the Professor told Papadopoulos that he had just returned from a trip to Moscow where he had met with high-level Russian government officials. The Professor told Papadopoulos that on that trip he learned that the Russians had obtained “dirt” on Hillary Clinton.

The Professor told Papadopoulos, according to Papadopoulos' later description to the FBI, that “they [the Russians] have dirt on her”; that “the Russians had emails of Clinton”; and that “they have thousands of emails.” George Papadopoulos continued to correspond with Trump campaign officials, and continued to communicate with the Professor and the Russian MFA Connection, in an effort to arrange a meeting between the campaign and the Russian government.

April 27, 2016

Papadopoulos emailed a person identified in court records as a Trump senior policy adviser: “Have some interesting messages coming in from Moscow about a trip when the time is right.” Papadopoulos also emailed another person identified in court records as “high-ranking" campaign official “to discuss Russia’s interest in hosting Mr. Trump. Have been receiving a lot of calls over the last month about Putin wanting to host him and the team when the time is right.”

April 29, 2016

Papadopoulos wrote in an email to the Russian MFA Connection: “I am now in the process of seeing if we will come to Russia. Do you recommend I get in touch with a minister or embassy person in Washington or London to begin organizing the trip?” The Russian MFA Connection replied: “I think it would be better to discuss this question with [The Professor].” Papadopoulos responded: “Ok. I called him.”

April 30, 2016

Papadopoulos thanked the Professor for his “critical help” in arranging a meeting between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. “It’s history making if it happens," he said, according to court records.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 12-03-2017, 10:13 AM