Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
May 4, 2016

The Russian identified in court records as a Ministry of Foreign Affairs Connection sent an email to Papadopoulos and the Professor, saying: “I have just talked to my colleagues from the MFA. The[y] are open for cooperation. One of the options is to make a meeting for you at the North America Desk, if you are in Moscow.” Papadopoulos responded that he was “[g]lad the MFA is interested.” Papadopoulos forwarded the Russian's email to the High-Ranking Campaign Official, adding: “What do you think? Is this something we want to move forward with?”

May 5, 2016

George Papadopoulos had a phone call with the Campaign Supervisor, and then forwarded the May 4 email from the Russian ministry of foreign affairs to him, adding to the top: “Russia updates.”

May 8, 2016

The person identified in federal court records as “Russian MFA Connection” emailed Papadopoulos and “The Professor” about putting Papadopoulos in touch with the ministry's “head of US desk.” In subsequent weeks, the Russian foreign ministry connection set up Skype calls with Papadopoulos and discussed, among other things, the fact that “Russian MFA Connection” reported “good reaction from the US desk at MFA.”

May 13, 2016

"The Professor” emailed Papadopoulos with “an update” of what they had discussed in their “recent conversations," according to federal court records. The Professor said: “We will continue to liaise through you with the Russian counterparts in terms of what is needed for a high level meeting of Mr. Trump with the Russian Federation.”

May 14, 2016

Papadopoulos emailed the person identified in court records as "High-Ranking Campaign Official" and said the “Russian government ha[s] also relayed to me that they are interested in hosting Mr. Trump.”

May 19, 2016

Michael Flynn describes himself as an informal advisor to Trump in Al Jazeera English interview.

May 21, 2016

George Papadopoulos emailed an unnamed Trump campaign official, with the subject line “Request from Russia to meet Mr. Trump,” according to federal court records. The email included the May 4 message that Papadopoulos received from the Russian ministry of foreign affairs connection and added: “Russia has been eager to meet Mr. Trump for quite sometime and have been reaching out to me to discuss.”

The campaign official forwarded that email to another Trump campaign official (without including Papadopoulos), saying: “Let[']s discuss. We need someone to communicate that DT is not doing these trips. It should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal.”

May 26, 2016

Trump's primary victories give him enough delegates to be deemed the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 12-03-2017, 10:14 AM