Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
January 27, 2017

Then FBI Director James Comey has testified he had a private dinner with President Trump at the White House.

Comey's written testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee months later described how the president told him at that dinner, "I need loyalty. I expect loyalty." Comey said of the exchange: "I didn’t move, speak or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed."

February 13, 2017

White House adviser Kellyanne Conway tells MSNBC that Trump has “full confidence” in Flynn. Hours later, Flynn resigns, saying he had “inadvertently briefed the Vice President-Elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian ambassador.”

February 14, 2017

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer says Trump asked Flynn to resign because of an “erosion of trust.” That same day is when James Comey, then director of the FBI, testified that President Trump met with him privately and pressed him to drop the investigation of Flynn. “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go," Comey quoted the president as saying. "He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

Comey told the Senate Intelligence Committee during testimony months later that he was "so stunned by the conversation that I just took it in."

February 15, 2017

The New York Times reports that telephone records and intercepted calls show that "members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election."

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 12-03-2017, 10:26 AM