Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
(03-20-2018, 01:01 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The Data Harvesting / User Targeting Component

Today, former Cambridge Analytica contractor Christopher Wylie said he assisted developing a “psychological warfare weapon” in order to capitalize on “vulnerabilities” of Facebook users.

Cambridge Analytica, established by conservative GOP mass donor Robert Mercer, harvested Facebook users' posts, likes, personality test results, etc.....for the Trump campaign.

Those Facebook users were targeted by the Trump campaign during the 2016 election cycle. Are they the same FB users who were targeted by the Russian misinformation operation? We don't know yet, but I bet they are. Mueller has just asked Cambridge Analytica employees for their internal communications/docs related to the 2016 election.

According to former Cambridge Analytica contractor Wylie, former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon wanted to change politics by first changing culture, which could be achieved by obtaining an “arsenal of information weapons.” I think Bannon was right about that.

Facebook recently suspended Cambridge Analytica and Wylie when it became public that the Facebook user info they'd harvested hadn't been deleted, which was part of the business deal.

Facebook's under increasing fire for selling their users' information to marketing (and political) parties without specific consent from its users. Today, FB's market value plummeted.

Stupid people have been manipulated for centuries. It got fairly organized with the start of the Progressive movement at the turn of the 19th century under Edward Bernays. Technology is only speeding up the process.

This is why I warn of the dangers of big government; Washington has been using this technology for decades. If you are not informed you will fall prey. A few powerful people are deciding what is important for the average people to know; that never ends well. It will only get worse until folks wake up.

Educate yourselves because both sides of the political spectrum are going to use it for their enrichment at our expense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by pyropappy - 03-20-2018, 10:38 AM