Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
I don't know many people who'd be surprised by Cambridge Analytica's activities.

And, it's true that reaching and influencing people via social media is not new.

What's at issue here though is whether there's a connection between the Russia troll factory and the data gathered by the Trump campaign via Cambridge Analytica to target specific Facebook users, and whether Facebook has an obligation to control false and misleading content featured as 'news'.

I do think a lot of people who swallowed and spread some of the misinformation and conspiracy theories that appeared in their Facebook news feeds during the election would be surprised to find out they'd been specifically targeted to be duped. I've seen one of them interviewed......................she was adamant that the misinformation campaign discoveries were fake news (about fake news), even when irrefutable evidence was presented to her.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 03-20-2018, 11:12 AM