Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
I just heard Andrea Mitchell interview Dan Coats, Trump's Director of National Intelligence.

He was very honest. Coats admitted that he would not have advised Trump to meet with Putin without aides/transcribers and that he still doesn't know what Trump and Putin discussed during their private summit in Helsinki last week.

Coats told Mitchell that the reason he made a public statement after the Trump/Putin post-summit press conference was because he felt it was his duty to set the record straight; the U.S. is under cyber attack from Russia. He gave examples of scenarios whereby Russia could cause harm to Americans by hacking and fucking with banking systems, electric grids, infrastructure apparatus, etc...

During the televised interview, oddly enough, Mitchell told Coats of breaking news from the White House. The news is that Trump has advised Bolton to invite Putin to the White House. Coats admitted that he had no advance notice regarding the invitation and begrudgingly joked about it.

I hope Coats doesn't throw in the towel and resign. He's qualified and competent; we need him, in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION -- THE INVESTIGATION - by HairOfTheDog - 07-19-2018, 06:54 PM