Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS
Judge Sullivan addressed some of the statements he made at Flynn's sentencing hearing after Duchess reported them real-time.

Sullivan acknowledged it was inaccurate of him to label Flynn “an unregistered agent of a foreign country, while serving as the national security adviser to the president of the United States.”   

Flynn was not yet in that role when he was serving as an unregistered/paid lobbying agent for Turkey.  Flynn was instead acting as a campaign adviser to Trump at the time.

Sullivan also clarified his questions about whether Flynn had committed treason. “I’m not suggesting Flynn committed treason", Sullivan said. “I was just trying to determine the benefit and the generosity of the government. Don’t read too much into the questions I ask.”

In any case, Sullivan will determine what sentence will be handed down when the postponed sentencing hearing resumes.  He set a status update hearing for March 13, at which point prosecutors will report to Sullivan on the extent of Flynn’s cooperation in other ongoing investigations.

Ref:  https://www.nationalreview.com/news/judg...entencing/

Messages In This Thread
RE: RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE IN 2016 US ELECTION & SPIN-OFF INVESTIGATIONS - by HairOfTheDog - 12-18-2018, 10:03 PM