Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Do you think it's right
Maggot Offline
Supermod

RE: Do you think it's right

(01-17-2018 01:20 PM)sally Wrote:  Yeah ive been doing it for about a year now, but its getting worse where sometimes he doesnt even try to get up, he just poops and pees where hes laying. I dont know how he'd feel about me trying to put Depends on him.

I had a cat that did that. It drove me a bit nutty for a while but I ended up putting her down, she was a great mouser and it did suck, but I got another and that bitch grew big. A coon cat that act's like a dog.

01-17-2018 09:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

Coon cats are beautiful. Not that I want one. You remember the last cat that I had who really wasn't my cat, but took it upon himself to be my cat for four years and then died in the crawl space under my house costing me $200 to get him out.

01-17-2018 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Blindgreed1 Offline
Mocker

(01-17-2018 07:17 PM)sally Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 05:42 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:  It's time to put him down.

Yeah I suppose so. When I sit down with him he puts his head in my lap and rolls around like a big puppy so I don't know how I'm going to look him in the eye when the vet comes over to give him the shot.
That was difficult for me too when I had to put Thorny down. Those last goodbyes are really rough, but he can't be in a good place right now not being able to run, walk or play. In my case, my daughter was there as well so I had to be strong for her and there was a lot of explaining to do so there was a distraction.

01-18-2018 09:01 AM

HairOfTheDog Offline

(01-17-2018 09:58 PM)sally Wrote:  Coon cats are beautiful. Not that I want one. You remember the last cat that I had who really wasn't my cat, but took it upon himself to be my cat for four years and then died in the crawl space under my house costing me $200 to get him out.

I do remember that stray you took in. And the wild cat that was stalking and terrorizing Duchess's grounds for a while.

Our two cats are pretty mellow. The girl used to be really skittish, but she's calmed down a lot over the last couple of years.

There is a huge tan Siamese cat that considers my backyard its litter box. She's huge and beautiful, but a pain in my ass. Every morning I have to go out back and pick up shit and whatever she's knocked over. She just sits on the fence and watches me. Bitch.

I'm sorry about your dog, sal. I don't think there's a wrong decision right now; you're considering it compassionately and intelligently. It's not like you're refusing to even consider putting him down to spare your own feelings, nor are you rushing into it as if he's an inconvenience. What do your husband and older kids think?

01-18-2018 12:32 PM

sally Away
sally

My husband and kids said just do it and get it over with. So yesterday morning I made the call to the vet after he peed all over the laundry room and himself and I knocked over a bottle of bleach almost killing the dog and myself with the fumes. But this morning everyone had a change of heart so I cancelled it. I'm going to have to do it, but Monday morning is too soon.

He likes to go to the park down the street from my house. My daughter has a big, pink wagon and I was thinking I could put him in there with his depends on and pull him down the street.

01-18-2018 04:39 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(01-18-2018 04:39 PM)sally Wrote:  He likes to go to the park down the street from my house. My daughter has a big, pink wagon and I was thinking I could put him in there with his depends on and pull him down the street.

Troll!

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
01-18-2018 04:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

sally Away
sally

I'm not trolling. He still wants to go on his walks so bad, but he can't make it so I think I can get him in this wagon. I was joking about the Depends though. I think the day he wears Depends is the day he'd want me to shoot him.

[Image: 1xX8kxnl.jpg]

[Image: B4IIzAAl.jpg]

01-18-2018 05:34 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(01-18-2018 05:34 PM)sally Wrote:  [Image: 1xX8kxnl.jpg]

I feel like I've known him his whole life

01-18-2018 05:36 PM

sally Away
sally

He smells horrid too, It's impossible to keep up with him pissing all over his fur. I think I can fit him in that wagon though so he can at least enjoy going out a few more times

01-18-2018 05:48 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

Well, this whole scenario is really sad and I feel bad for you sal. But, I'm laughing right now imagining you smoking a cig and pulling him around the park in that wagon, even without the Depends. Hope it works out.

01-18-2018 06:02 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

(01-18-2018 06:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:  I'm laughing right now imagining you smoking a cig and pulling him around the park in that wagon, even without the Depends.

That's how I felt when I hollered troll! Can you picture that?! Ahahaha!

I feel a little bad for laughing in this thread.

01-18-2018 06:05 PM

sally Away
sally

It will look ridiculous, but he likes going for his walks more than anything in the world so I think he'd be willing to sit in the pink wagon lol. I can even stash some beers in there. Not tonight though, it is cold here, coldest day of the year with it being 23 degrees this morning.

01-18-2018 06:27 PM

HairOfTheDog Offline

You won't look ridiculous, you'll look like a devoted pet owner. It's just a really funny mental picture.

01-19-2018 10:59 AM

Love Child Offline
Mocker

I know someone who pulled their dog in a wagon, but I can't remember what was wrong with the dog. That dog is lucky to have you Sally!

01-19-2018 01:26 PM