Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bradley Manning running for Senate.
NORTH BETHESDA, Md. — Chelsea Manning intends to run for the U.S. Senate in Maryland, returning the transgender former soldier to the spotlight after her conviction for leaking classified documents and her early release from military prison.

Manning, 30, filed her statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday, listing an apartment in North Bethesda as her address.

She is running as a Democrat and will likely challenge two-term Sen. Ben Cardin in the primary. The state's senior senator is an overwhelming favorite to win.

Did he/she ever get neutered? I have no respect for the person at any rate.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I didn't think a convicted felon could run, if then can I don't think its right.
either way this fuktard swore an oath, broke it, committed several acts of treason....
(01-14-2018, 08:04 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I didn't think a convicted felon could run, if then can I don't think its right.
either way this fuktard swore an oath, broke it, committed several acts of treason....

There are currently three convicted criminals running in this year's Republican primaries.

Chelsea Manning is running as a Democrat against long-standing Democratic Senator Ben Cardin in Maryland. I don't think he has much to worry about.

[Image: 4BEEC74900000578-5699757-image-a-70_1525701879367.jpg]

She says she's an anti-establishment candidate motivated to run in protest of Trump's authoritarian policies and the Democrats who are caving into Trump.

Her platform policies include abolishing borders, abolishing ICE, closing prisons and providing universal healthcare.

Aside from a few appearances and photo ops, she hasn't really invested much effort in her campaign and many reportedly believe her candidacy is primarily a publicity stunt for her upcoming book.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z5Eq69UeRF
She has a very aerodynamic face.
i dont think she'll get very far. The repubs are rooted against her and there's already been way too much controversy around the name. Better luck in a few years.
(05-31-2018, 08:53 PM)RickVallejo Wrote: i dont think she'll get very far.

It takes balls to do what she is doing.

[Image: ec1492b46003d1e560d9e3162c042c99.gif]http://picasion.com/
I bet she barely has to peddle her bike.
She doesn't stand a chance of winning in any case.

Even if Manning was more active in campaigning, there are too many people who consider her a traitor and a lot of people who'd never vote for a trans candidate (even in more liberal locales).

Last week, she also posted a comment that appeared to be suicidal in nature.

"I'm sorry - I tried -- I'm sorry I let you all down," Manning wrote on her personal Twitter account on Sunday, according to the Associated Press. "I'm not really cut out for this world -- I tried adapting to this world out here but I failed you -- I couldn't do this anymore -- I can take people I don't know hating me but not my own friends," she added. "I tried, and I'm sorry about my failure."

Her rep said she's taking some time off to heal, but she's not suspending her campaign.

Whether she was sincere or looking for sympathy votes (as some suspect), it seems clear to me she's not qualified to withstand the scrutiny that comes with being a politician.
(06-04-2018, 05:00 PM)BigMark Wrote: I bet she barely has to peddle her bike.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]