Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MOLLIE TIBBETTS - 20, IOWA - Missing/Found Dead
(08-21-2018, 08:32 PM)Duchess Wrote: Isn’t he a convicted sex offender or kiddie diddler, something like that? Fuck him.

Cheney has lived in Deep River, Iowa his whole life.  He has a history of run-ins with the law.  Court docs show that he has been arrested for harassment and stalking multiple times, pleading guilty to those charges on two separate occasions.  That's a matter of public record, not a private issue.

Local police would have been remiss had they not looked into Cheney given his history and proximity to Mollie's last sighting.

Persons of interest with and without criminal records are, of course, questioned by police in these types of cases.  And, when reporters are in-the-know about them, the media includes info about searches and interrogations of such POIs  in their coverage of the ongoing investigations.  That's par for the course, as demonstrated in thousands of posts across hundreds of cases in this crime forum.

I guess Maggot  -- whose fingers repeatedly type out such posts as, "I don't see color in people" and "why does the media mention skin color when it's a white dude?" -- thinks stalker/harasser Cheney deserves an apology because he's white.  I don't know why he would mention Cheney's race otherwise, given his self-proclaimed color-blindness.  

Anyway, Cheney would have been questioned by LE and the press would have covered it no matter Cheney's race, obviously.  It sucks for people when they hit the media in association with a potential crime and it turns out they're not involved.  But, them's the breaks when a crime goes down in your neck of the woods and you've run up a history of related crimes, like, in this case, stalking and harassing women.   

Having said that, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if police planted a red t-shirt on his property in order to bolster probable cause to search his home and haul him in for questioning.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MOLLIE TIBBETTS - 20, IOWA - Missing/Found Dead - by HairOfTheDog - 08-22-2018, 12:27 AM