Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(10-22-2018, 04:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 03:14 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-22-2018, 09:10 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: That needs to come via legislation from our government, which has failed to address the issue proactively for a decade. 
Republicans control Congress, what is stopping them from doing what they want?

The Republican Freedom Caucus isn't open to many of the immigration policies put forth in bi-partisan proposals, so McConnell won't put immigration reform to vote on the floor.

I do believe there are quite a few Republicans who want to make the necessary changes, but they're stymied by the extremists in their party.

Maybe if the Democrat party would move on the criteria for refugee status and less were using that as an un-verifiable reason for immigrating there might be some "bi-partisan" movement. Even in the cities of Guatemala commercials run that glorify this position in the States. Why do you think they come in with Guatemalan flags rather than American flags flying. They are asserting their right as citizens of a foreign country to go to another country and be welcomed as "New citizens" Once they hit American soil they are here. 

The "caravan" will be 10,000 soon and I wonder what would happen if 10,000 Russian troops were heading towards the Bering Straights. They kinda look pretty pissed at America as they walk........I see cameras up ahead, strip the baby!  
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by Maggot - 10-22-2018, 10:50 PM