Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(10-30-2018, 12:52 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 12:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: That's just inflammatory rhetoric.

It's everywhere right now and I expect it to get worse over the next several days. I expect trump. his administration and the party of trump to go all out until the voting is over next week.

Yeah, I think you're right about the anti-immigrant rhetoric continuing to grow up until next week.  I hope no related violence goes down between now and then as a result.

I just saw that Trump and some Republicans are talking about 'anchor babies' and 'ending birthright citizenship' again.

It comes across as  a transparent and desperate midterm strategy to rally the 2016 voters who were strongly supportive of  'The Wall' and Trump's anti-immigration stances.  

Trump, the GOP, and all their broadcast allies are clearly using the migrant caravan to ratchet up the same rhetoric again now in hopes of getting out the vote and carrying vulnerable Republicans to victory in the House next week, in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by HairOfTheDog - 10-30-2018, 02:56 PM