Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(10-30-2018, 03:58 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 11:29 AM)Maggot Wrote: I have no problem with them coming here, get a passport and C'mon down, get a visa and enter and sign in. Whats wrong with that? What is wrong with going the legal route? I really want to know. 

I have not heard a peep from the Democrats on this, are they waiting until Trump deals with it then they can pick apart what he does? I think so. I am also glad that the Mexicans are dealing with this better than they have in the past.  

Here come the Dems with all their wisdom.   hah If it wasn't for dbl standards they wouldn't have any standards.

I don't see a double standard. In my opinion...

The migrant caravan is a gift to Trump just ahead of the midterms.  

He and the Republicans would be fools not to capitalize on it to drum up voter enthusiasm.  Immigration is a bigger problem/anxiety for Republicans than Democrats according to all the surveys I've seen.

However, Trump and company are wrong to lie, demonize, and push conspiracy theories about the migrants. They could just stick to the facts and take advantage of the situation.  Instead, they're drumming up fear and hate very irresponsibly.  I hope it backfires on them at the polls.

It's also politically wise of the Democrats to stay mum on it until after next week's elections.  They should continue to focus on health care, economy, and justice issues rather than get entangled in war of words with the Republicans at this time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by HairOfTheDog - 10-30-2018, 08:13 PM