Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(10-30-2018, 08:13 PM)Maggot Wrote: Mexico has offered them jobs and asylum. They chose to not accept it. I don't know why though, it would sure save them a lot of work. Maybe the payoff is bigger.  112  what could it possibly be hmmmmmmmm. Ask a liberal. They seem to be the smartest people in the room.

Where are you getting your information Maggot? I will quote the first article I found from USA Today (Is that a reputable source?)

Quote:More than 1,700 caravan members have applied for asylum in Mexico and are being housed and fed at a camp in the city of Tapachula near the Guatemala border. Advocates working on migration issues say Mexico’s agency for adjudicating asylum claims is still sorting through a crushing backlog.

And then a sentence to support your claims:

Quote:Mexico held little appeal for some of the caravan participants – some of whom cling to “el sueño americano” (the American Dream).
"We want to earn dollars," said Pedro José, 30, who earned 50 quetzales, about $6, per day as a bricklayer’s assistant in Guatemala.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...782230002/

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by Love Child - 10-30-2018, 08:50 PM