Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(10-30-2018, 08:50 PM)Love Child Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 08:13 PM)Maggot Wrote: Mexico has offered them jobs and asylum. They chose to not accept it. I don't know why though, it would sure save them a lot of work. Maybe the payoff is bigger.  112  what could it possibly be hmmmmmmmm. Ask a liberal. They seem to be the smartest people in the room.

Where are you getting your information Maggot? I will quote the first article I found from USA Today (Is that a reputable 

From Reuters:

More than 1,700 people in the convoy have applied for asylum, while others have returned home, according to Mexico’s government. The Honduran ambassador said on Friday the group officially had 3,500 members. Other estimates go much higher.

By Saturday, more than 100 Honduran migrants opted to seek refugee status and enter the temporary work program proposed by President Enrique Pena Nieto on Friday, said Mexico’s National Migration Institute. Many others rejected the offer.

link

I'm thinking that the ones that are actually seeking asylum jumped at the chance to stay in Mexico. The ones that continue may have other motives besides "fleeing" the country.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by Maggot - 10-31-2018, 08:49 AM