Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(11-01-2018, 07:08 AM)Duchess Wrote: ...aaaaand now the prez says he'd like to have 15,000 troops at the border. There's not even that many fighting the Taliban! 28

He's manipulating some people. All of this drama for a nonexistent crisis. 

I'm hoping that's just another lie.  It would be a ridiculous use of military and waste of tax payer money.

I think Trump has managed to turn the caravan gift into an albatross at this point.  The fear-mongering dramatics have jumped the shark big time.

The hard-core anti-immigrant folks in his base may be lapping it up, which could give some Republican congresspersons in deep red districts a voter bump.  

But, most everyone else (regardless of political affiliation) has gotta be put off by the bizarre dramatics at this point, I hope.  If so, that's not good for Republicans up for election in moderate-red, blue, and purple districts.  

Trump said his midterm campaigning for Republican congresspersons was going to focus on the caravan and Kavanaugh.  So, he's gonna just keep amplifying the caravan issue beyond belief right up until Tuesday, it seems.  

It looks to me more like Trump is targeting voters in his core base for a 2020 presidential re-election bid than focusing on voters who will decide the fate of Republican congresspersons/candidates up for election now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by HairOfTheDog - 11-01-2018, 08:53 AM