Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(11-02-2018, 03:01 PM)Rootilda Wrote: "I trust our defense officials to assess national security threats."

Well, except for that little problem we had in 2001.

Yeah, they blew it then with a terrible attack which was the first of its type. 17 years later and we haven’t had another like it.

I’m not saying they always get it right, but no person or group does. And they do a damn good job overall, in my opinion. I don’t take them for granted.

A caravan of migrants isn’t anything new for the U.S. We’ve been through it many times before.

What’s new is the depiction of them as being comparable to 9 / 11 terrorists when they’re not. That amps up the risk factor at the border.

Unlike the 9/ 11 terrorists, the migrants don’t hate the U.S. and what we stand for. They’re desperate to be a part of it.

Anyway, I trust our national security experts much more than Trump’s rhetoric or people who buy into it.

And, I’ve always trusted their assessment that the biggest threat to our safety and security is individual and collective American extremists.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by HairOfTheDog - 11-02-2018, 03:47 PM