Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(11-14-2018, 08:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 02:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 01:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: President Trump still hasn't visited troops overseas.

But, he was scheduled to visit the troops at the border today.

He cancelled.  Mattis and Nielsen are there instead.

He's been pouting & very crabby since the election.

He sure has.

Trump campaigned non-stop on rhetoric and lies for weeks leading into the midterms, and he repeatedly declared that HE was on the ballot.  So, he knows that the midterms trouncing was a rejection of Trump himself as well as a rebuke of the Republican party.

Even if Republicans retain the Florida and Georgia governor seats, retain the Mississippi senator seat, and flip the Florida senate seat......the midterms were a huge loss of power for Trump and the Republicans by any objective or mathematical measure.  It would mean the Republicans gained 3 seats in a chamber they already controlled for the price of nearly 40 House seats, 7 Governors, and loss of control of the House of Representatives.  

Pretending like they didn't lose big time won't help the Republicans in 2020, and I think most Republican politicians know that full well.  I expect to see more of them pushing back on Trump's rhetoric and changing some of their policy positions real soon.  The circus tent surrounding the White House is a big problem for the party as well. In my opinion.

In any case, other Presidents have lost midterms, which I'm sure was disappointing and depressing.  But, they had sufficient intellectual, emotional and leadership maturity not to shut down, lash out, and fall apart over it (and not to attack members of their own party for representing their constituents rather than bowing down to the President).

Being that this was NOT by any rational measure a trouncing, why are you lying?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by Fry Guy - 11-15-2018, 12:55 AM