Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(11-27-2018, 02:42 PM)pyropappy Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 06:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 07:54 PM)pyropappy Wrote: Did you learn a new word? Wow, who said an old bitch can't learn new tricks?
I'll own being an old bitch. Are you going to own being a bawling rage quitter?
...and when you come back we'll play the whataboutism game. 'K?
Are you really that stupid? I have continued posting; what I have stopped doing is arguing with the hypocritical post modernists on here. They (including you) are not intellectually honest. I have said for years the media is lying; this story is a prime example. The media saturated the story prior to the election that the caravan was a myth invented by Trump. Well if that is true who are those people throwing rocks at our border patrol agents, and why did a thousand of them try to rush the border. 

Where was the outrage when Isis was rounding up Christians and Yazidis and enslaving them in the middle east?

I have a suggestion to bring us back together; if you did not condemn when the  Obama administration gassed them, or when the Obama administration built the cages that the media has been howling about; then shut the fuck up.

You've often asked, 'where was the outrage?' about topics which caused outrage everywhere pappy.  How you missed the rampant outrage is the real question.

The ISIS terrorism and beheadings -- of Muslims, Christians, Yazidis, journalists, etc -- for example, was covered extensively by the media and extensively here at Mock as well.  

Regarding migrant caravans, I haven't seen any media source or any poster here claim that the caravan is a myth or a Trump invention.  Where did you see that pappy?

What I have seen is people, myself included, criticizing the fact that Trump villifies migrant caravans for political gain.  Migrant caravans are nothing new.  Claiming that they're...... 'alien invaders carrying viruses (that don't even exist anymore) and nothing but criminals sponsored by George Soros, etc' is bullshit fear-mongering propaganda and is unique to Trump in modern U.S. politics.  It's wrong.

That's not to say that I don't understand the need to control immigration and the challenge of processing thousands of asylum-seekers showing up at the border at the same time.  I oppose open borders, support Border Patrol and enhanced security, advocate for immigration reform, and understand that crowd control when people attempt to push their way in is necessary (though unfortunate).   

However, the vast majority of migrants are simply fleeing violence and poverty and looking for a better life in the U.S.  They are not subhuman evil threats and should not be broad-bushed and treated as such.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by HairOfTheDog - 11-30-2018, 07:36 PM