Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(01-27-2019, 05:56 AM)Duchess Wrote: trump has gone from screaming he's building a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it to now saying he wants a fence with slats! 28

Why is it that the anti-Trump contingent STILL after all this time do not get that Trump talks figuratively and not literally? I mean it is pretty silly.

I mean when he talks about Human trafficking as being a problem and he states they grab women and put tape over their mouth and kidnap them. Trump supporters take from this. "Yeah, he is talking about human trafficking and human trafficking is really bad"

The anti-Trump crowd including the press will focus on whether human traffickers REALLY put tape over their victims mouths and whether they can rack this up as a lie and make hay with it.

It is fucking stupid. The whole point of using that scenario is that he is painting a visual image to reinforce a message which IS important and IS problematic and DOES need to be addressed. Does it fucking matter whether the people getting kidnapped and trafficked have tape over their mouth or not?

That is the problem.

Same with his wall. It would be really showing a heightened level of not getting ANYTHING to think that laughing at his choice of words was poignant. It would be ridiculous because AGAIN it shows that ALL you got AGAIN was a want to take him literally. I have said over and over and most Trump supporters have said too that he is to be taken seriously not literally. What is the underlying message? Trump supporters know and anti-Trump are completely confused still. After all this time.

Trump sees the ILLEGAL ALIENS coming into America as a bad thing. He sees the crime and the economic cost as problematic. So how is he going to stop this? By a "wall". It will stop the easy walking across. Won't stop everyone but it will stop most and certainly make it difficult. He makes another visual and proclaims to curry support that Mexico will pay for it.

Will Mexico pay for it? Could be many ways in which this bears out. My thoughts is that if the illegal immigration reduces, the net cost of illegal immigration will reduce to a stage that the savings will amount to the cost in the wall. There may be other ways.

But what I do not think any Trump supporter was EVER hung up on was whether it was concrete or not. We expected that he would secure the border and make it harder for illegal immigrants to come in as per his original reason for saying so. Again what the fuck would it matter whether it was built out of rock, concrete, steel or adamantium...this doesn't matter a damn, as it all has the same effect.

Yet some anti-Trumpers don't get it and then laugh at their inability to get it. It is sad. Do you think it is sad Duchess?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by Fry Guy - 01-27-2019, 10:29 AM