Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(05-15-2019, 08:20 AM)Maggot Wrote: The replies from the forum Democrats is telling. Obviously they have never applied the "charity starts at home"  idea and are more willing to lend a helping hand to lawbreakers than their fellow Americans. tsk tsk.

(05-15-2019, 07:05 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 03:31 PM)MirahM Wrote: REally? I don't see that at all.

You wouldn't at least not for a year or so when they start trickling into your street. It doesn't happen fast enough to be as noticeable as the weather, America is in an Amazon instant gratification phase. You cannot see ahead as well as previous generations. Mainly because of the fast food get it now mindset. Don't worry I say it to every kid with big eyes. Like my own.

What I meant by my reply is this: What I see is those that are willing to help immigrants also have posts where they talk about helping others also. I don't see this ignoring of those around them to run to the border to help them only. 

Also, I had to look up "charity starts at home" just to make sure I was understanding where you were coming from. But this is what I found:

When people say 'Charity begins at home' they very often mean 'You should look after your own kids, family and own circle first and then be kind to people' which is not the original meaning of the proverb. The original meaning is that charity begins in the home - that is to say kids learn charity in the home."

For me it is not about helping only one person or one group of people. Alanis Morisette's words in her song "Citizen of the Planet" speak to my heart about being a citizen of the planet and caring for all human kind. I cannot seperate out my heart to only care for one section of the world, or one section of people. I care for the planet, the world, the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by MirahM - 05-18-2019, 11:05 AM