Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(06-17-2019, 10:04 PM)sally Wrote: Well I have experience with the immigration system as my husband has been denied citizenship twice and it is extremely hard to gain entry into this country legally without a shitload of money. Reason #1 why people don't do it legally. It is also extremely difficult to get any type of assistance other than emergency health care which is a right for every person in America whether they are legal or not. The ER can't kick you out on the street if you are having a heart attack, but the assistance stops there once you're stabilized.

I will be honest with you, I can sympathise, clearly your husband wants to live in US and is married to a US lady, and has a life there and is trying to be a citizen. I can understand this and agree that it is shitty he does not get accepted into the fold.

If I want to live in beautiful Thailand.

Let's say I have a heart attack, do you think they would NOT bill me for the cost? Do you think they would give me equal favour as their own citizens? How do you think I would go demanding services there and presuming because I was in their country that they were obliged?

Obviously Thailand is NOT the US, but they are both sovereign nations and are responsible for their citizens and run by virtue of their laws.

(06-17-2019, 10:04 PM)sally Wrote: The immigration system was already in complete chaos and Trump has added to the already fucked up system ten fold by making a huge deal out of something that has always existed. We've always had illegals, and the media makes it sound like all of the sudden they're bombarding us and all of our taxes are going to providing them welfare. Fake news.

Yes the immigration system was chaotic and so therefore....it should be left? Doesn't make sense to me.
The numbers of illegals coming over is approx. 1 million/year now. How many of these people are vetted and known commodities and good people. All? Some? What about those that aren't how are they detected and tracked?
As to financial costs? https://www.fairus.org/issue/publication...-taxpayers

(06-17-2019, 10:04 PM)sally Wrote: His main focus should be deporting the illegal, violent criminals. Instead they're busy dicking around with women and children and people that have already lived here for years with minor traffic violations or what have you.

Yeah, I think if I flew into Thailand and then never left after my visa was over, I would not do ANYTHING to get on anyone's radar because guess what would happen to me if I got found out?

None of this is hardly mindboggling.

(06-17-2019, 10:42 PM)sally Wrote: Also illegals work. I live in Florida and you don't see ten brown guys up on a roof in 100 degrees because they're lazy welfare sucking slobs. You see them up there because they're the only ones that will apply for the job, all the poor white guys prefer unemployment checks.

Some illegals do work. Okay. Some poor white people collect income cheques. Okay.

I know you are not trying to tell me this is always the case and I am struggling to understand the greater point.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by Fry Guy - 06-18-2019, 08:31 AM