Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
I don't understand what you're asking Biggie.

President Trump was advised by multiple security experts in his administration that more border agents and use of new technology would be more effective than building a great big beautiful wall.

But, Trump preferred to keep trying to build that wall instead.  At one of the construction sites, he said it would be 'virtually impenetrable' and 'impossible to climb over'.

However, as Rootilda posted, portions of the 75 miles of taxpayer-funded wall he's gotten built are indeed being cut with an inexpensive tool, and they're also being climbed over by gang members.  They are not virtually impenetrable or unscalable.  

Those are just facts, confirmed by Immigration and Border Control, and reported by multiple media outlets.  Why does it bother you that they're being reported?

Anyway, it's also true, no matter who's reporting it, that border authorities are actively monitoring for holes and repairing them, after the fact.  

I'm not sure how often border control agents actually catch smugglers and gang members in the act because, as far as I know, the government isn't releasing those numbers.  Do you know?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by HairOfTheDog - 11-03-2019, 12:47 AM