Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S.
(05-10-2021, 11:02 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 10:26 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 09:44 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I would like to buy a motorhome just for the sole purpose that when we go to the beach, instead of going to underneath umbrella, you can go into the motorhome and have lovely drinks and a lovely lunch and privacy.

As the saying goes:  Just Do It! Relaxed Drink

It's not cheap Cars. Maybe one day. 

I kind of feel like it might be a bit lazy. Even though we live right near the beach, on hot days, you can't get a park, and when you want to take all your protective gear, it can turn the ordeal into a drag. 

Hey Cars, there are this whole generation here in Australia that are doing this thing called "van life" where they live out of van. I don't know if I am being socially prejudiced but I think that is ridiculous and not really living properly. Many of these campers/van people are parking in streets on the Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast and all those type of places and not staying in caravan parks where they can be properly serviced and what they are for. Instead they parking in suburban streets, it's not costing them any money and they make a mess and polute the area and empty there sewerage cassettes too. I think others defecate in the bushes. 

Aren't people that are living the 'van life' really just kind of dropping out of society? Kind of a cop out? I have also watched videos about it on YouTube including people in the USA sleeping in Walmart carpark, and I think it's weird.

Yes, that doesn't sound too good, the LEO's should be on the lookout for them on the streets, and ticket them when found. That may encourage the van people to park in caravan parking lots.
Walmart allowed "long distance truckers" to park their big rigs in their parking lots and sleep their, after store hours. Which seemed like a kind thing for Walmart to do.Then RV camper's joined in and also are allowed to park in Walmart's parking lots. However, there are no electrical accommodations, or bathroom facilities provided.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be done about the caravan of people coming to the U.S. - by Carsman - 07-16-2021, 09:48 AM