Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Words are not violence, But do Words Matter?
(10-29-2018, 05:28 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: But words are not violence and feeling bad or insulted or offended is not a crime and it is in these times and these things said that ought to be protected. No point protecting the things you agree with but controversial and confronting language should be protected.
I disagree with this premise. Words absolutely have power, in fact they are more powerful than any weapon mankind can create. Because words convince. Words coerce. And words spur action. Fryguy is speaking like words have no power because, like most of us, his words have little influence over the world.
But the words of the powerful, as we are currently witnessing, can create peace or chaos at will. The Rwandan genocide in the 90's was created purely from radio broadcasts. The German Holocaust was the result of years of propaganda. Our own current situation is the direct result of talking idiots like Alex Jones and Bill O Rielly.

Words have power in the right circumstances. Never doubt.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Words are not violence, But do Words Matter? - by Donovan - 10-29-2018, 12:56 PM