Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Words are not violence, But do Words Matter?
This time I'm going to address your obsessive bullshit because you've drawn another member into it FryGuy.

For the record:  I don't believe that anyone here is a child molester, and I never suggested or stated that Maggot or anyone else was a 'possible child molester'.  

However,  I have in fact had several debates with many posters here over the years, Maggot especially, in response to comments:

-- immediately deriding alleged victims of rape and molestation because they didn't come forward soon enough,
--insisting that the alleged victims were really just 'groupies' or 'gold diggers' if the accused is famous or rich/powerful,
--claiming that minors from a certain locale  or of a presumed sexual orientation must have invited it or accepted it for personal gain,
--suggesting that 'all men did that shit back in the day or would if they could get away with it', etc.  

I don't consider such claims and arguments as 'apologizing for rapists' so much as I consider them reflective of a lack of understanding about how many women and children have been sexually assaulted/molested and how perpetrators operate.

When a poster acknowledges that minors or adults were sexually abused by someone with power over them, but claims the victims 'allowed' it for any reason, I'm gonna question whether that poster thinks it's okay.  

In the exchange to which you're referring with Maggot in the Supreme Court thread, he said he meant the parents allowed the sexual assault and molestation because they wanted gold medals.  And, I apologized if I misinterpreted his comment as suggesting the young girls allowed it for gold medals, though I believe the parents' claims and anguish about being fooled by the molester (Nassar) and that they too are victims.  

That's how free speech and debating differences of opinion works.  It is not an example of stating conspiracy theory, opinion, Trump rhetoric, and made-up facts as indisputable truths, then going off the rails when challenged.   That's your territory.  And, when people choose to tune it out, it doesn't mean they're uninterested in differing opinions or living in a 'bubble'.  It just means they're not interested in being sucked into your bubble.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Words are not violence, But do Words Matter? - by HairOfTheDog - 10-30-2018, 09:59 AM