Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A brief educational moment concerning later term abortions
(04-13-2019, 01:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 12:28 PM)pyropappy Wrote: Serious question, what happens if the court over turns Roe? The times are changing and that day is coming if all these states keep enacting heart beat bills, and progressive ones push for late term procedures?

Women will die.

I'm not interested in going backwards, Pappy. It's 2019. Men need to get their noses out of our business. We can manage nicely on our own, we don't need men telling us what to do, how to do it or when to do it. It's our business and it's between us and our Dr.'s.

Stop pretending that this is a man vs women issue. It is dishonest and when you set it up as a dishonest position it is not worth considering. Why are you being dishonest? If you said Republican men and women vs Liberal men and women, you would be close. Religious men and women vs non-religious men and women you would be even closer.

It was never about men and women and you KNOW that to be that case. So why are you being dishonest and lying when it is so much easier to frame the argument rationally and honestly? Why? because here is the answer to that proposition:

"Men are not interested in your reproductive rights (almost to a man) and pretending otherwise is bigoted and stupid."

See how stupid that position is. Now you can say "Oh but when I say "men" I mean the men in Congress. But then that is stupid for four reasons:

1. Men in congress are hardly a cross section of men in America or the world. What they think in no way uni-minds with a collective male consciousness.

2. Plenty of women in politics back these men's position meaning that it is NOT a "male" position but a right to life position, shared by both genders

3. Plenty of men in politics do not back these men's positions meaning that it is NOT a "male" position but a right to life position, shared by both genders

4. If you have an issue with too many men and not enough women in politics, women should step up more and when they are running vote for their favourite women. Why? Because there are more female voters by population than men and IF they do not then they get what they voted for and can't then blame men for filling the roles they either did not care enough to fill or did not vote for once they did.

See how stupid and dishonest that is from start to finish? Why did you not seek a reasonable position to stake a position?

Were you listening to Liberal news and Democrat talking points again and pretending you had thought about them? Should stop that. Be an original thinker. Have your own reasoned thoughts.

(04-13-2019, 03:32 PM)Rootilda Wrote:
(04-13-2019, 01:46 PM)MirahM Wrote: Post from a friend:

Quote:Here is my idea-- Re: Abortion versus birth control. If men were fined $10,000 or 3 months in jail for unwanted pregnancies, there would be a whole lot of options for birth control... and more interest in making it accessible. Also stimulate the economy: probably lots of advertising for $10,000 loans too. The money could be used to fund early childhood learning and daycare centers.

I approve of this, lets make it happen.

Yes that sounds perfect. Mirah your friend is an arsehole and Rootilda as we know is slightly batty and demented.

See whilst I say that I do not want a place where abortion is unavailable and part of that reason is that young kids are not ready for adult decisions like that. Note I did not say Young girls are not ready or young boys. I said young kids. I think by the time you are 18 or 19. You really have to start owning your choices. You are an adult but prior to that....kids are stupid.

My daughter knows a lot of girls who have had kids in their teens. Generally they seem to keep them. Some are with the Dad's and some not. She recently started to get back in contact with a guy friend. I know the kid and he is a nice kid. I do not gel with a lot of the boys who she is friendly with but he was a nice, friend, respectful, and solid kid with a good personality. He split up with a ex who I had on good authority was a bitch and they split because she cheated on him. My daughter started spending some time with him and they were probably going to start dating. Then everything went to Hell in a handbasket as the girl announced to social media (not her parents) she was pregnant. She announced him as the Father. He reluctantly went back to her and said he would support her and the baby. She is excited and he is far from. My daughter is livid. It kills off their relationship as a friend because this girl does not like my daughter or any other girls this guy is friendly with.

Stupid decision by him BUT he is technically an adult. I would still have an issue with him not taking responsibility at his age but a year or so ago, I would more understand him as being a stupid kid making stupid choices that should not bind him to an adult world.

See that is the thing. I think that making a woman or a man completely responsible for conceiving the child is stupid. The answer to someone saying "a woman should just keep her legs crossed" is not saying "well a man should mind where he puts his cock". The same with the claim that "the woman should be on the pill" is not answered by saying "the man should have used a condom".

People that try any of these position whilst not addressing the other element in the equation are arseholes. Your friend is an arsehole.

Under these kind of conditions this would victimise men in a way you would hate women to be similarly victimised. Young boys statutorily raped by their female teachers would need to pay money they could not have in their teens and/or go to jail. Parents could be financially ruined by a teenage son's carelessness. Sending boys into an abusive jail system because they did not have the financial means to fight it. "You did not use a condom and your girl did not use birth control. Prepare to be raped in jail".

Wholesome. Real human position you have there Mirah. Glad you did not take a position and not surprised that Rootilda jumped all over that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A brief educational moment concerning later term abortions - by Fry Guy - 04-13-2019, 09:56 PM