Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best and Worst Of Everything in 2008
This is from my recent blog post that can be found at http://www.politicaldisgust.com/2008/12/...g-in-2008/

--------

For your disgust and enjoyment I give you the 1st annual PD Best and Worst For 2008. This is my opinion and is completely based on what I like, or in many cases dislike.
PLEASE NOTE that this article will be a work in progress until midnight on December 31. I will be adding to it each day. Your feedback and comments are welcome. Please check back daily for more updates! POLITICS:
The Best:
  1. Obama, Obama, Obama. The country stepped up, proved it was only partially prejudice, and elected the best person for the job based on qualifications and charisma, and NOT color.
  2. Saturday Night Live: Any Sarah Palin or Keith Olbermann parody. Ben Affleck
I'm addicted to gossip sites too, but I refuse to visit Perez Hilton's. http://dlisted.com/ all the way!

Interesting post, I'm going to check out your review on that phone... it's long past time for me to get one of those things.
Oh yeah. Agreed on the Kid Rock song. It got to the point where I turned the radio off when it came on.

Tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd, my ass.
More added to the post -

[color="#0000ff"]Television[/color]
The Best

1. True Blood: HBO has another winner with the sometimes gory, but always intense and interesting vampire drama. Alan Ball of Six Feet Under fame hits another home run with off beat and deep characters that never fail to surprise week after week.
  2. Fringe: The modern X-Files, just better. The show has been a hit, which means it will get a second season. That is important because right now it is still pretty confusing on what exactly is gong on and who is on which side. One thing is for sure, there are some strange things going on in the Boston area.
  3. House: I did not think it was possible that this great show could get better, but it did. Hugh Laurie is the best male actor on TV today.
  4. Heroes, Prison Break, Lost, CSI: Many of the consistent dramas were equally as good this past year with strong plot lines and acting. Heroes actually got better in 2008 in my opinion
The Worst

1. Knight Rider - just horrible
  2. Almost ALL reality shows. Who else is just sick of these already. They get more and more boring with each passing year. We can only hope they will go away soon.
  3. Secret Million. Are we really supposed to feel sorry for these rich people who are "roughing it" for a few days? Of course not. It is clearly all set up and gets old very fast.
Shows I Am Not Sure Yet: 90210 has been pretty good, but will it return as strong or at all. Life on Mars is a original idea and so far has been very well written. But the big question is if people come back week after week to see if he finally wakes up in his time again?
I LOVE!!! Life on Mars. LOVE!!! it!

Can you tell I love that show? Wow, what a great ending... who was on the phone?

Fringe: do you look for The Watcher in each episode? He keeps popping up if you're paying attention.
I've got a recommendation. Check out "Life" with Damian Lewis. It's interesting and odd and the acting is generally quite good. It's not the typical cop show.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:I've got a recommendation. Check out "Life" with Damian Lewis. It's interesting and odd and the acting is generally quite good. It's not the typical cop show.
will do. I have heard good things about that show.
I just remembered another one I'm thoroughly addicted to... The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Whoa Nelly, that's a good 'un!
As a birthday present, someone gave me a DVD set of the show "Band of Brothers." I've never seen the show but they said it is great.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:As a birthday present, someone gave me a DVD set of the show "Band of Brothers." I've never seen the show but they said it is great.
It's amazing. The kind of show you can rewatch for the rest of your life.
Wonderful post, Liquid !...I bought my Blackberry Curve on your recommendation & really couldn't be any happier with it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I've just come from checking out the HTC Fuze...I want that phone, damn it !
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I LOVE 5 Guys. That place is awsome.

As for TV, I am addicted to NCIS. Or any crime show really. I find forensics fascinating.

Pretty much over the reality TV crap.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Good list. Thanks. In movies..you said the Strangers was not scary? Damn. We were going to rent it off Pay Per View on Thursday..but if it is not worth it I'll pick another. Rick is getting Dark Knight, but I have no interest in it. :Yawn:

Duchess Wrote:I've just come from checking out the HTC Fuze...I want that phone, damn it !
It is really a mini computer, but you have to really like playing with electronics and gadgets. It takes a lot of work to make it do everything, where the Blackberry and Iphones are pretty and work right out of the box.
Middle Finger Wrote:As a birthday present, someone gave me a DVD set of the show "Band of Brothers." I've never seen the show but they said it is great.

Its the best second world war drama ever.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
QueenBee Wrote:Good list. Thanks. In movies..you said the Strangers was not scary? Damn. We were going to rent it off Pay Per View on Thursday..but if it is not worth it I'll pick another. Rick is getting Dark Knight, but I have no interest in it. :Yawn:

The Strangers had about 1 scary part, and then it was just like other movies, at least to us. You WILL like the Dark Knight, if JUST for Ledger's performance.
I think you'll really enjoy that one, boss man. ::thumbs::
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
The first being Saving Private Ryan right. That is the best war movie in my opinion.
Liquid Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
The first being Saving Private Ryan right. That is the best war movie in my opinion.

Actually my own personal favourite war film is Paths to glory.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.