Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock is exactly that - M O C K
Some thoughts below on yo

Zenith Wrote:
Liquid Wrote:To Zenith - you are a lot stronger then me. I would never ever use the N word on this forum or elsewhere and you want to know why, because it it incredibly offensive to many people who are close to me, including African American business partners of mine. The bottom line is that you have ACCEPTED someone who clearly is a racist. You have said to the world that you do not have a problem with a person using those types of negative slurs AND actually spending time with you. That is 100% on you to live with, but many ... many people would not have been so tolerant.

Now on to AnonyMoose's post - who gives a flying fuck what you think.
You make a good point and I don't personally know or accept as a friend/associate anyone else who uses that slur except Sinister. It may sound crazy, I know, but she's an exception for a very special reason right now and I am powerless to alter this. [color="yellow"]Powerless how. Forget Sinister. Why would you openly allow anyone into your life who clearly does not like African Americans or has shown a blatant prejudice towards them. Powerless how - sexually? mentally? or physically? Does she have you somehow tied up in chains like a metaphorical slave?[/color]

Funny thing is, I can't even say that I ACCEPT that word any more than I accept those who are intolerant of same sex marriage or interracial love. However, it's not my battle to fight....it's theirs. [color="yellow"]That is a totally different topic altogether and completely unrelated to this discussion. This IS your battle to fight. That word is wrong and you do not under ANY circumstance have to accept it, in any manner or form.[/color]

I have met a lot of people in my 44years that are like Sin and a lot who are like myself but one thing I have come to realize is, no matter how offensive a word has become in our culture, it will continue to have the power that only people can give it. [color="yellow"]Well that is true of course, but what is your point? That it is an incredibly ugly word that almost has no negative equal to African Americans? If that is true then you DO have the power to not tolerate it.[/color]

I have friends from all walks of life and I have met people who I wouldn't necessarily call a friend but I wouldn't call them anything that was racially offensive either...hahaha. I don't find any pleasure in this sort of thing but have no power in changing those who do. That is their choice and all that comes with it. [color="yellow"]You don't have to change them, I agree. But you can choose (free will) to not associate with people who are willing to spout this type of hate AND YOU KNOW ABOUT IT.[/color]

On the flip side of the coin, I, nor anyone in my close circle of friends, would ever "purposely" seek out individual friendships with those who had no ability to accept or tolerate others [no matter what the difference is]. Meeting Sinister here was not a plan but it did happen and I still will not judge her or anyone who feels a negative need to talk down to those they feel superior to. [color="yellow"]We are not talking about someone saying "I am better then you because I am taller, stronger, or faster. We are talking about someone disrespecting another and using without question the single most offensive slur. I can not imagine, in any circumstance, using that word around people I consider friends or other. And I could not imagine associating with people who use that word in any circumstance. You don't have to judge, but you do have the ability to avoid.[/color]

It's just not in my nature and I feel that instead of wasting my time organizing corrupt thoughts like that in my brain or being around people who chose to do that, I could just as easily.....not associate with them. This would leave them to fester in their own pitiful deluge of putrid grime and discontent. [color="yellow"]So instead you choose to befriend them? I am not saying you and Sin are best friends, but why even spend 1 minute with her. Now this IS NOT about Sin, but in general. If you saw someone in your life using the N word in an openly belligerent or open way, would you hang out with them, laugh with them, and even waste one second of your life pretending to be friendly with them IN PERSON....... [/color]

Leaving me to enjoy life, smell flowers, and love people who wanted to be loved. 41

PS I really like that you have such a strong position when it comes to the sorry state of acceptance among people. As long as people like you are around, I feel good that the human race just might survive itself...haha - [color="yellow"]Thank you, but I am not looking for praise. In my opinion tolerance many times will blind ...... [/color]
Please remember that this is not about Sinister directly. She is just the racist you chose to hang out with at the bar. My question is more general. Would you accept with open arms anyone you knew used the N word. If the answer is yes, then this is part of the bigger problem of racism and one of the many reasons it has been so slow to be eliminated, again in my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by AnonyMoose - 11-16-2008, 11:29 PM
[No subject] - by Zenith - 11-17-2008, 12:23 AM
[No subject] - by Liquid - 11-17-2008, 12:41 AM
[No subject] - by AnonyMoose - 11-17-2008, 12:45 AM
[No subject] - by Zenith - 11-17-2008, 03:17 AM
[No subject] - by Liquid - 11-17-2008, 07:09 AM
[No subject] - by LuMPyPussy - 11-17-2008, 07:47 AM
[No subject] - by Zenith - 11-17-2008, 08:17 AM
[No subject] - by Liquid - 11-17-2008, 08:43 AM
[No subject] - by pbfloyd - 11-17-2008, 10:33 AM
[No subject] - by Zenith - 11-17-2008, 05:05 PM