Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sylar Newton. toddler missing from AZ campground
Birth Mom: No Custody Battle over Missing 2-Year-Old
No developments as search continues.
Tuesday, 27 Jul 2010, 5:08 PM

RIMROCK - Tuesday is day 3 on the search for 2-year-old Syler Newton, and as the search widens, it has not revealed any significant developments.

Yavapai County Sheriff's Office Detectives spent the night searching the Beaver Creek Campground for any trace of Syler, but have not recovered anything. They're also combing the interiors and exteriors of two vehicles that were towed from the campsite.

Syler Newton disappeared early Sunday morning from his tent, wearing only a diaper, while camping with a family who was planning to adopt him.

Now the biological mother of the boy, who lives in Indiana, is speaking out. She told us by phone that she's planning to come to Arizona to search for her son.

"Please return him to the people that he knows, that he loves that love him, that's where he needs to be... we miss him very much, we're all very very worried about him," says Charity Newton. "If he's out there, I dont want them to stop looking for him, if there's a chance that he could be found alive I don't want them to stop."

Syler was camping with his custodial mother, Christina Priem, when he vanished. Priem was in the process of adopting Syler -- Newton says she thought Priem would give him a better life.

"This is nothing to do with a custody battle, I do believe that this is just an unfortunate accident... just because my life is messed up and I felt like I wasn't going to be a very good provider for my son, doesn't mean that I didn't love or care for him," says Newton.

Investigators are looking at several different scenarios -- they're not sure if Syler wandered off, fell into a nearby creek, or was abducted. On Monday, Priem was given a polygraph test.

"I don't think that she would do anything to hurt my son. I wouldn't want to adopt my son out to someone that I feel would have hurt him."

Investigators haven't released the results of the polygraph test yet, but they have said Priem is being cooperative.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Lady Cop - 07-26-2010, 01:23 PM
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Lady Cop - 07-26-2010, 02:25 PM
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Lady Cop - 07-26-2010, 04:38 PM
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Lady Cop - 07-26-2010, 05:51 PM
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Lady Cop - 07-26-2010, 08:52 PM
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Lady Cop - 07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Lady Cop - 07-27-2010, 09:01 PM
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Lady Cop - 07-31-2010, 07:43 PM
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Lady Cop - 08-02-2010, 06:44 PM
RE: toddler missing from campground - by Duchess - 08-02-2010, 06:48 PM