Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
~~trying to reason with hurricane season~~
Phew, now I can sigh a breath of relief.
Hey It can't hurt! Priest

(or help either) hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(09-02-2019, 01:34 PM)sally Wrote: Phew, now I can sigh a breath of relief.

I thought you might take some comfort in that.   27

I'm so glad you're not going to take a direct hit. It looks like it's going to ride the coast north.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Good News

(09-02-2019, 01:11 PM)Duchess Wrote: Sally, I just want you to know that a Christian organization were out on a pier in JAX attempting to pray away the hurricane. I hope this helps, hun.

Wow. That is some faith.

(09-02-2019, 03:29 PM)MirahM Wrote: Wow. That is some faith.

I never really know what to say in the face of that extreme faith. I have faith but I have common sense too so that alone sorta cancels out their faith. Ugh. I can't even articulate it properly.
The poor Bahamas, they have been sitting under a stationary, strong cat 5 for hours. It doesn't get any worse. I don't pray really, but I feel horrible for the people that couldn't get out.
I'm pretty sure climate change is real whether caused by us or just an occurring thing in nature thats always been in place or a combination, but I think this will be more frequent and worse. I'm buying a house in Colorado so I can just get on a plane and go. Then perhaps I'll be killed by an avalanche when I get there
Buying a house in CO sounds like a great idea.

(09-02-2019, 07:34 PM)sally Wrote: I'm buying a house  in Colorado

That's so exciting!
This storm feels like it's been going on for a hella long time.

I saw some cool video that the Minister of Agriculture posted. He said his kitchen was 20 feet off the ground and the waves were at his windows. I want to know what that home is built of, it is ah-mazing.
Did you see the one of the airport? It looks like it's sitting in the ocean, but that's where the runway was.
No, I didn't but I'm going to look for it now.

I've been hesitant about watching many of the videos that have been posted all over because I'm afraid I am going to see an animal in distress. I won't be able to get that vision out of my head and it will make me miserable.

I see the horrible devastation and think how horrible it is, it's gut wrenching and then I see a poor unfortunate animal in distress AND I LOSE MY DAMN MIND!

There are pictures of people outside of their homes with water up to their chest and their dogs in their arms. So many people called for help and all they could do is tell them to break out of your roof and try to find something to float on. It's easy to say they should have evacuated, but evacuating is easier said than done. I didn't evacuate this bitch and I have money to leave unloke many people there, but my husband and son weren't on board with me and we stay together as a family. Now I'm sitting here looking at a very close cat 2. On beachside.
How's it going, Sal? I hope you still have power. I'm going to go check and see if you've been here this morning. Thinking about you, kid.
I saw this lady on CNN and she had 2 dogs with her and she was trying to make it across to dry land with the rope. Then I just saw one dog, I hope both dogs were ok and it was just the camera angle. It's been distressing to watch the hurricane over there, knowing that people are being in danger and the hurricane seems to be lingering.
(09-04-2019, 12:08 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: she had 2 dogs with her and she was trying to make it across to dry land with the rope. Then I just saw one dog

That's the kind of stuff that I can't handle seeing. I just can't.
(09-04-2019, 12:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 12:08 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: she had 2 dogs with her and she was trying to make it across to dry land with the rope. Then I just saw one dog

That's the kind of stuff that I can't handle seeing. I just can't.
Me too. You can't unsee stuff like that and it can fuck you up. If I even see a headline about some abuse, I wont read it, I can't do anything to help and it will traumatise me. So I don't even go there.
(09-04-2019, 12:01 PM)Duchess Wrote: How's it going, Sal? I hope you still have power. I'm going to go check and see if you've been here this morning. Thinking about you, kid.
I still have power and I think the humane society has peanut, but I can't get through to them and it's not very safe right yet to drive. Someone saw my flyer And called me and said there is a picture of her on their website posted yesterday afternoon. It's driving me crazy that I can't drive there because her claws appear to be pink instead of gray in the picture and that's a sign of trauma. Otherwise she looks ok, but probably needs immediate avian vet care.
That's horrible. Hope it all works out Sal.