Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Death Penalty in Japan, Iran...and elsewhere
well hanging beats stoning... stone-age 'justice'.
they won't kill her until ramadan ends sept. 9. only international outrage might preclude death by stoning, but they may still hang her. preventing her children and lawyer from visiting her does not bode well.

[Image: stoning-iran.gif]

(CNN) -- The Iranian woman awaiting possible execution by stoning was denied visits from her family and attorney this week, just days after her lawyer's home was ransacked and searched.

Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani's two children were turned away Thursday during visitation hours, her son, Sajjad Ghaderzadeh, told CNN Friday.

"They told me, 'Your mother doesn't want to see you,' and they wouldn't let me in," he said.

But later that night he received a call from his mother.

"The guards had told her, 'Your children didn't visit you today, they want nothing to do with you,'" Ghaderzadeh said.

Ashtiani's children have visited her every Thursday afternoon since she was convicted of adultery in 2006.

"This is the first time I was turned away," Ghaderzadeh said. "I don't know why they are acting this way."

"Our home phone number is tapped and being monitored. My cell phone is being monitored. They have control over everything. I don't know what they are thinking," Ghaderzadeh said.

Ashtiani on the right in this photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Death Penalty in Japan...and elsewhere - by Lady Cop - 08-28-2010, 07:16 PM